New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    good day to all, plan ko sana mag upgrade ng sounds kaso wala pa ko budget ng isang buhos, like buying amps and sub, based sa pagbabasa ko dito sa forum puede naman daw unti unti like separates muna, then amp, then sub... hope the audio experts here can help me... thanks in advance

car is corolla big body xe, current setup ko is pioneer HU with sub out, 3 preouts, plus a pair of 2-way speakers sa harap and a pair of 2-way speakers sa likod, brand is pioneer din.

a. pag nag separates ba ko ibig sabihin yung pioneer speakers ko kelangan palitan din ng bagong set, or i can retain them para di naman sayang hehe

b. puede ba ko mag separates lang muna? or separates and ampli? then to follow na lang yung sub? medyo di din kasi ako mahilig dun sa sobrang bass, more off yung clarity yung habol ko, pero syempre pag mga RnB sana may bass din na mas maganda sa current setup ko.

c. can you guys recommend a bang for the buck na separates and ampli?

thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shootertwist View Post
    good day to all, plan ko sana mag upgrade ng sounds kaso wala pa ko budget ng isang buhos, like buying amps and sub, based sa pagbabasa ko dito sa forum puede naman daw unti unti like separates muna, then amp, then sub... hope the audio experts here can help me... thanks in advance

car is corolla big body xe, current setup ko is pioneer HU with sub out, 3 preouts, plus a pair of 2-way speakers sa harap and a pair of 2-way speakers sa likod, brand is pioneer din.

a. pag nag separates ba ko ibig sabihin yung pioneer speakers ko kelangan palitan din ng bagong set, or i can retain them para di naman sayang hehe

b. puede ba ko mag separates lang muna? or separates and ampli? then to follow na lang yung sub? medyo di din kasi ako mahilig dun sa sobrang bass, more off yung clarity yung habol ko, pero syempre pag mga RnB sana may bass din na mas maganda sa current setup ko.

c. can you guys recommend a bang for the buck na separates and ampli?

thanks in advance
    a. yes sir. kailangan alisin yung pioneer sa harap kasi dun ilalagay yung separates. di naman masasayang kasi pwede mo naman ibenta yan. yung sa likod, pwede mo naman iretain. mas ok kung yung HU mo ay may fader para pwede mo mahinaan yung likod.

b. yes. pwede rin kahit by phase ang upgrade. seps or seps+amp muna, then sub.

c. depende sa budget mo sir. contact mo yung candy shop or araneta car accessories.

robot.sonic

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hehe.. gayahin ko sagot si robot sonic joke..

1. You normally replace the front with the separates of your choice. Although suggestion ni robot.sonic na iretain nalang yun likod and then fade it, I'd rather opt to sell the rear ones too.

Since nasa driver's seat ka naman, your aim is to really make the soundstage be at the front (hence the fade). For example, you're hearing a live acoustic session. Yun music galing sa harap, hindi sa sides or sa likod (or surround sound in that effect).

2. Pwede. With regards to your seps, your HU can power it for the meantime if you're still haven't bought an amp. Of course, kung nasa "mid to high" end na mga seps mo, you're robbing yourself of the needed power.

3. Yep, as robot.sonic says, depende yan sa budget mo, sir.

If you're still starting out, Kicker is one of those bang-per-buck manufacturers. Add a bit more, and you can get the brand names -- Focal and DLS (biased ako sa dalawa eh since nakadalawang Focal na ako..). Other well-known brand names are Morel, Coral, MB Quartz (dati maganda eh, ewan nalang ngayon), Cadence, etc.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hi Sirs,

I recently upgraded to DLS B6A speakers. Is it best to still have this connected to an amplier or is the HU enough? What amplifier do you recommend? My HU is a JVC KD-BT22.

Thanks

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dy1jaw View Post
    Hi Sirs,

I recently upgraded to DLS B6A speakers. Is it best to still have this connected to an amplier or is the HU enough? What amplifier do you recommend? My HU is a JVC KD-BT22.

Thanks
    I have the same separates installed in my front doors and the sound is decent without any amplifier. But if you wanna hear your speaker's full potential, you should use one.

I would recommend soundmagus, JBL, DLS amplifiers.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dy1jaw View Post
    Hi Sirs,

Thanks
    JVC KD-BT22 (thanks to Google): Power Output (50W x 4)

DLS B6A RMS Power Handling is 50W.

Is the HU enough? Barely.

Is there room? No.

Would an amplifier be beneficial? Yes.

newbie speaker upgrade Qs