New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    mga boss, planning na maglagay ng mono amp sa simple set up ko, medyo newbie lang po eh hehe.

yung subs ko po sir is firland audio FA1280, nakalagay po is 600w RMS dual 4 ohms. (di ko to gets)

plan ko po ilagay na mono amp is yung kinetic KD800.1, eto po yung specs :

Supply Voltage 11~15V DC
    Power Output 4 Ohm 350W X 1
    Power Output 2 Ohm 560W X 1
    Power Output 1 Ohm 800W X 1

tapos eto naman po yung sa sound magus DK600:

600W x 1RMS(2ohms)

400W x 1RMS(4ohms)

question po is anu po ang ipapalagay ko, yung kinetic KD 800.1 or yung sound magus DK600 po? alin po mas malakas sa kanilang dalawa para sa subs ko? kasi yun po di ko gets yung 600w RMS dual 4 ohms na nakalagay sa subs ko eh.

help po mga gurus, salamat po, sorry talaga sa question.

thanks po. :D

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    mono amp sir... pang-sub talaga yan...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ecneret View Post
    mono amp sir... pang-sub talaga yan...
    yes sir para po sa sub ko, kaya po nilagay ko po yung sub ko jan para po mas makita kung anu po ba babagay para sa kanya. tingin mo sir anu mas malakas sa dalawang mono amp na yan para sa subs ko po?

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    kung sa lakas, yung kinetic. pero sa quality, di ko pa na-try pareho yung brand na yan e.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    subs with dual voice coil for flexibility. for your subs with 4 ohms with dual voice coil. if voice coils are wired in series the impedance will be 8 ohms. if wired in parallel , the impedance will be 2ohms. so in theory, the DK600 is perfectly matched with your sub.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Ganito lang kasi yan.. the typical subwoofer driver has a SVC or a single voice coil configuration. Nakikita mo na ito agad because it has just two binding posts. Nowadays, we have DVC drivers or dual voice coil configuration which has 4 binding posts. The advantage is simply flexibility to dictate the nominal impedance presented to the amplifier.

For your 4-ohm DVC subwoofer, you can either wire it in parallel so that your subwoofer will present a 2-ohm load to the amplifier or you can wire it in series for 8-ohms. Electrical common sense and ohms law dictates that the lower resistance you have, the more power you get. This is why nobody wires these things in a series configuration.

If you want to get the best out of your subwoofer, you typically buy the 2-ohm DVC version. This way, you can wire it to present a load of 4-ohms (typical car audio resistance) or 1-ohm. Again, the lower the ohms.. the more power you get hence louder bass.

If you base their specifications on paper and assuming they reported the same specs at 14.4V, the Sound Magus DK600 would be better. However, the Kinetec is stable at 1-ohm and that is a very big factor in mono amplifiers.

What people should know is that fooling people around is pretty easy on paper especially when it comes to budget amplifiers. Take Lightning Lab for example.. hook their mono amplifier off the deck and feed it the typical 13.8V and you'd often see a -10% performance from should-be-specs at 13.8V. So what are the true rated output of the two amplifiers? Dunno.. take a leap of faith or urge them to take CEA testing.

Personally, I wouldn't go out and buy both of them.

My point against Kinetic (as I am open to state seeing this is a public forum) - I dislike the distributor of Kinetic. Not because of their products but rather on how he avoids technical matters on his products. (1) Claiming the manufacturer is the same OEM manufacturer of DLS in Taiwan [DLS is manufactured in Korea ever since their partnership with Genesis expired], (2) "Sir, is the mono-block Class D?" -> "Mono block po sir" [Anak ng.. tinatanong nga what topology is inside. The customer already knows it's a mono amplifier] (3) Regardless to say, saying it is a "space-saver" is negative in amps. Sure it's Class D, but power and size are polar opposites.

Issue number one caused an uproar sa KAC last year. I still remember that incident and it pretty much left a bad taste on my mouth.

My point against Sound Magus - it isn't 1-ohm stable.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    sir jhnkvn, pm na lang ako sa inyo hehe. ang kulet ko na sa inyo sir dami ko na natanong, ahaha. thanks sir! :D

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    ^ sir jhnkvn pm sent, thanks sir! :D

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    firland audio FA1280, nakalagay po is 600w RMS dual 4 ohms. (di ko to gets)
    This simply means that your Firland sub's power handling is 600 watts. This basically means that you can safely power it with up to 600 watts. However, it is safe to give it less power or more power. If you feed it less than 600 watts, it just wont reach its max output. If you give it say 700 watts it wont blow up as long as your box is well made and you go easy on the amp gains. The dual 4 ohms was explained by the others.

I have not heard the Kinetic so no comment on it.

I have not heard that particular model of sound magus but I own a different model. It works. Its a good inexpensive sub amp. Its rated at 600 watts * 2 ohms so its a perfect match for your sub.