New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and I was wondering if anybody can help out.

While I was driving a while ago, I lost power to said devices on the thread title. This happened while I was trying to use my cigarette lighter (its an old car so the lighter doesn't stay depressed so I had to hold it down).

I checked the car's fuses but everything seems to be intact. All other electronics are working fine.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Coj

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by smokers View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and I was wondering if anybody can help out.

While I was driving a while ago, I lost power to said devices on the thread title. This happened while I was trying to use my cigarette lighter (its an old car so the lighter doesn't stay depressed so I had to hold it down).

I checked the car's fuses but everything seems to be intact. All other electronics are working fine.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Coj

Check the fusebox. Look for the fuse for the clock/lighter plug and replace it with the same rated fuse.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Check the fuses again with a test light or multi-meter. visual testing is not 100% sure

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    +1 and use a multimeter to check the fuse. Sometimes, it may look okay but the fuse is already blown.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    I've already done those and all fuses have a possible connection.

I tried dismantling the dashboard to check for any burned or disconnected wires but all the wires are bundled up with electrical tape and I'm not where to start.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    If that's the case, the best option is to take it to your dealership for further troubleshooting and repair. Or take it to a respectable shop that specializes in electrical works. If you are from Marikina, I would recommend Rey's Electrical along Tuazon.

!Need Assistance: Toyota Vios 04 Lost power to radio, clock and cigarette lighter