New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    seems like you're going the loud and clear route. tama sila, you may want to consider changing your amp. yan yung medyo weak link sa system mo. don't get me wrong though, they may sound okay if implemented properly. pero the clearer and louder your system would be, will depend on how much you're ultimately wiling to spend on your system. you may want to read some stuff from http://mykael.multiply.com/journal so that you'd get a better idea. just don't mind the other stuff.

hth

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    sony car audio amps are overrated meaning the watts displayed sa amps is the total max. So if they claim to have a 500w on max, the average watts in nomial is about 100 to 150

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt02 View Post
    Here's my sound set-up and entertainment in my ride...

Head Unit Kenwood KDC-MP333
    LCD 8'5 NEXT BASE SDV485-B
    Amplifier V12 Mrvf 805 2007 black 3600 watts
    Sony Xplod Subwoofer 12" 1300 watts model XS-L124P5R w/ ABC BOX of Jeff Tan
    Sony Xplod Separate 240 watts model XS-HT170SN
    Sony Xplod 3-way Speaker 200 watts model XS-GF1632X

i need initial comment on my set ups.. im just a noob.. any suggestion pra mas mging mganda ang set ups ko

Sir, if I may be of assistance, I was in the car audio industry before and my shop was doing competition vehicles. I even judged at IASCA competitions before. There are some basic questions to a proper sounding vehicle. What kind of vehicle do you use? What kind of music do you listen to? Are you after clarity (proper sound imaging and staging) or just plain BOOM? How much vehicle space are you willing to sacrifice? What is your budget for the system? , etc. These questions are what you could use to guide you to proper sound system design. It is not just a matter of stuffing all your equipment in your vehicle just so you could use them all. You can even be very minimal about it. I did a competition car that had just a total of 5 speakers (2 tweeters, 2 mid ranges, 1 sub (8" at that)) and 150watts of power. And it sounded great and was a even louder than some cars with much greater amplification. Its all about efficiency and proper speaker placement. Sound damping is a great start because it can minimize rattles and other mechanical noise that can detract from your listening experience, thus giving you a more "silent" vehicle to work with. But it is just a start and what you do with the rest of your equipment is very important, especially the speaker placement. If you are an audiophile you would understand the nature of proper stereo sonics, or the proper recreation of the sound stage. This is too technical to discuss here, but my whole point is that before you keep adding and adding equipment look at (or have you installer study) your needs. Do your research before buying equipment or a reconfiguration of your existing equipment may be better. This goes out to others starting our in the wonderful world of car audio and electronics.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xscv4s View Post
    Sir, if I may be of assistance, I was in the car audio industry before and my shop was doing competition vehicles. I even judged at IASCA competitions before. There are some basic questions to a proper sounding vehicle. What kind of vehicle do you use? What kind of music do you listen to? Are you after clarity (proper sound imaging and staging) or just plain BOOM? How much vehicle space are you willing to sacrifice? What is your budget for the system? , etc. These questions are what you could use to guide you to proper sound system design. It is not just a matter of stuffing all your equipment in your vehicle just so you could use them all. You can even be very minimal about it. I did a competition car that had just a total of 5 speakers (2 tweeters, 2 mid ranges, 1 sub (8" at that)) and 150watts of power. And it sounded great and was a even louder than some cars with much greater amplification. Its all about efficiency and proper speaker placement. Sound damping is a great start because it can minimize rattles and other mechanical noise that can detract from your listening experience, thus giving you a more "silent" vehicle to work with. But it is just a start and what you do with the rest of your equipment is very important, especially the speaker placement. If you are an audiophile you would understand the nature of proper stereo sonics, or the proper recreation of the sound stage. This is too technical to discuss here, but my whole point is that before you keep adding and adding equipment look at (or have you installer study) your needs. Do your research before buying equipment or a reconfiguration of your existing equipment may be better. This goes out to others starting our in the wonderful world of car audio and electronics.
    tama si sir...my set-up is - i got 2 mid-ranges, 2 mid-ranges with built-in tweeters, and a 10" sub-woofer, power came from 1000W (as it's labelled) amp. super lakas nga kaya lang di ako satisfy...pag bumabayo na dami annoying rattles and mechanical sounds. pero malakas talaga set-up ko...malayo pa lang naglilingunan na mga tao. pinag-aaralan ko nga ngayon kung pano mawawala yun unwanted sounds.

saka as of now tinanggal mo muna sub-woofer ko. ang sikip sa trunk e...wala mapaglagyan pag namimili.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    upload some pictures of your sound system

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thats very good sir! Try to dampen you vehicle to reduce the rattles and unwanted noise. You could then reconfigure your system (particularly your sub) so that you would not need to remove it (unless necessary) by altering its enclosure. And by the way I am a big proponent of stealth systems for a lot of reasons, some of them are: security ("out of sight... out of mind"), practicality (more space savings and utility), simplicity (in terms of visual impact), and the challenge of fitting a system and making it look like nothing happened! Good luck!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    tama nga sabi ni eric(fukengruven)... hehehee! upgrade ka ng amp. hidni na v12 upgrade ka lang ng amp v12 pa rin ibnag brands na maganda and totoo yung ratings like jbl. bang for the buck ang jbl products... dami dyan.. try to llok for it!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xscv4s View Post
    Thats very good sir! Try to dampen you vehicle to reduce the rattles and unwanted noise. You could then reconfigure your system (particularly your sub) so that you would not need to remove it (unless necessary) by altering its enclosure. And by the way I am a big proponent of stealth systems for a lot of reasons, some of them are: security ("out of sight... out of mind"), practicality (more space savings and utility), simplicity (in terms of visual impact), and the challenge of fitting a system and making it look like nothing happened! Good luck!
    yun nga plano ko sir. i'll try to change the baffle. papaliitin ko then i'll make it a labyrinth type. yun gamit ko kasi ngayon occupies almost 90% of my trunk space.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MY SOUNDS.. NEED COMMENT from the masters