New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    kung in an event na switch on mo-pumipitik ang relay, pero yung equipment di nag-function, maari bang sign yun ng busted relay?
    You can eliminate the relay as a possible problem by bypassing it. Hugutin mo yung 30 & 87, tapos pagkabitin mo. If the equipment turns on, sira yung relay, otherwise, may problema yung mga linya mo.

HTH.

ganito po kasi relay ko(attached pics).. original toyota...

anyway had it replaced ang the lights were working again..

if this is an OT: can i have this type of relay be fixed?

last of the OT...sorry rion, sa pasingit,ha?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    yung source ng pin 86 that should be negative (first pic) becomes positive when switched on. and my pin 85 line was not intended for a (+)switching line. kaya problema...

peru tapos na po wiring ko. pwede na ba ito? ang hirap na kasi ulitin pa yung switch ko to make it a negative switching type... and my source with the thermostat trigger line is positive kasi eh...
    What I understand from your post is - and correct me if I'm wrong - that you have already wired it like your first diagram, that it didn't work because your relay is polarized the other way around, and that you can't be bothered to rewire the switch.

All you have to do is reverse the connections to the battery and fans. The diagram below is the same as your first diagram, although the connections to the battery and fans have ther polarities reversed. Just disregard the fuse if you don't want to use one (not recommended).

If you get +12v from the thermostat line when you want the circuit to operate, I would rather use the wiring below. It eliminates the manual switch and let the thermostat do the on/off switching of the fans.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Try to examine the contact points. If it's just dirty, use a contact cleaner. Most probably it's corroded because of the high current involved. If you can, slide a strip of fine sandpaper between the contacts.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Magkano ba ang relay na ganito? Sobrang mahal ba?

You could try cleaning it. Get a thin, slightly pointed instrument and scrape off the accumulated gunk. Or use compressed air.

Sabi mo naman nagki-click pa sya, so ibig sabihin yung coils at arm nya gumagana pa. There's a good chance yung contacts lang ang may problema.

Good luck.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    What I understand from your post is - and correct me if I'm wrong - that you have already wired it like your first diagram, that it didn't work because your relay is polarized the other way around, and that you can't be bothered to rewire the switch.
    hindi ko pa po nafinalize at that time. but after finding the problem. I finalized it na..

I rewired it as exactly as the first pic and it is working now.

ok na po ba rin yun diba?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    hindi ko pa po nafinalize at that time. but after finding the problem. I finalized it na..

I rewired it as exactly as the first pic and it is working now.

ok na po ba rin yun diba?
    If it didn't go up in smoke and it's working as planned ... you've done OK .

500+ ang b-new, surplus 200.. will clean this up, actually 3rd relay na to,e...

thanx!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ok salamat po.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
My Relay Connection (tama ba?)