New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wavecxs View Post
    err... im pretty sure it can. sound is outputted via fm frequency, no need for headphone jack
    My bad! Stupid me. I didn't notice the picture kasi. Yes, you are correct, pwede ngang generic. I had in mind kasi yung FM transmitter ko shown in another picture int his thread (without MP3player capabilities). Hindi kasi pwede dun generic, and it needs to be connected pa to the FM transmitter via the headphone jack

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Just bought one from Cdrking. Its called MP3 FM Modulator. price 990 petot. How it works:

1. Plug into lighter.
    2. Plug your MP3 player or flash disk into its usb port.
    3. Set your radio frequency. It gives you several ( 5 yata ) frequencies to choose from. I used 88.1.
    4. Choose same freq for your FM modulator.
    5. Press play
    6. Sound comes out from your speakers.

Sound quality is acceptable for everyday listening. A bit better than radio but not as good as CD quality. Of course the quality of your MP3 also comes into play.

Nice thing I discovered is that I can use my MP3 player without a battery as its powered by the car.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    Just bought one from Cdrking. Its called MP3 FM Modulator. price 990 petot. How it works:

1. Plug into lighter.
    2. Plug your MP3 player or flash disk into its usb port.
    3. Set your radio frequency. It gives you several ( 5 yata ) frequencies to choose from. I used 88.1.
    4. Choose same freq for your FM modulator.
    5. Press play
    6. Sound comes out from your speakers.

Sound quality is acceptable for everyday listening. A bit better than radio but not as good as CD quality. Of course the quality of your MP3 also comes into play.

Nice thing I discovered is that I can use my MP3 player without a battery as its powered by the car.
    You can achieve almost cd quality using recorded/converted MP3 to 320kbps.The lesser the kbps, the poorer the sound quality it can reproduce.

I am using the same type but with remote control for almost 1.3T bought from Saudi. The good thing with mine is that when you stop the player, it will restart on the last music played.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Just bought one from Cdrking. Its called MP3 FM Modulator. price 990 petot.
    Saan store ng CDRking mo nabili? Wala stock sa SM Mega. Tnx

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by XUV-AT2002 View Post
    Saan store ng CDRking mo nabili? Wala stock sa SM Mega. Tnx
    Gilmore branch pre.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gilmore branch pre.
    Out of the way sa regular route ko. Anyway pag nagawi ako sa greenhills diretso ako doon. Thank you Bro

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm..my encoding is only 256kbps for my ipod(sometimes 192kbps), i use AUX IN(RB10) to feed the songs to my HU and there's very little difference with the sound, almost unnoticeable...haven't tried encoding songs in 320kbps. But encoding in 128kbps is really far from CD quality, tried my brother in-law's ipod and it doesn't sound so good compared to songs encoded in 192 kbps.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    meron ako nakita fm modulator 92khz + 10 -10 ... 250 lang pesos lang ata bili ko sa gh. works well naman.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Aba good deal nadin yung sa CDR-King hehe

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by busy road View Post
    You can achieve almost cd quality using recorded/converted MP3 to 320kbps.The lesser the kbps, the poorer the sound quality it can reproduce.

I am using the same type but with remote control for almost 1.3T bought from Saudi. The good thing with mine is that when you stop the player, it will restart on the last music played.
    If you don't notice any difference between 192kbps and 320kbps with the earphones, you won't notice anything different with the FM radio. Actually, everything in FM is lowpassed at about 15KHz (all sounds above 15KHz are cut off), among other things. Everything will sound worse, nothing will approach CD-quality on an FM transmitter.

nb: Lowpass - only the low frequency parts of a signal are "allowed to pass". MP3 also uses lowpass - to save on bits. The high frequency parts of a signal are very hard to encode, and if you're a human being, are hard to hear anyway. Lower bitrate encodes are more aggressively lowpassed than higher bitrate ones.

It'll sound better than a regular FM broadcast though (unless your transmitter is really rubbish). Most FM signals are heavily compressed (loud and soft sounds are "squashed" into similar volumes) during broadcast, with the exception maybe of jazz/classical/Hifi stations.

I'd recommend a cassette adaptor if you have a cassette player you can't (be bothered to, or get around the wife's veto in order to ) upgrade. I guess the FM transmitter is okay on a CD-player HU without the aux-in.
    Last edited by Alpha_One; February 5th, 2007 at 08:23 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
MP3 FM Modulator Transmitter (via cigarette ligther port)