New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Guys, may speaker ako sa bahay ng Mordaunt Short. Nung nabaha kami nasira na yung casing niya. Ngayon trip ko sana baklasin yung speaker at ikabit sa kotse. Possible kaya?

Salamat!

More Power!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sobra ganda ng tunog ng Mordaunt Short speakers worked with those in our sound studio before for about 7 years when I was still a jockey for a radio station.

Buong-buo and not a hint of harmonic distortion even at full blast.

But I think that the speakers can only work as good as its box enclosure because it is calculated for the cone depth. Will it work? I think you will need to convert the power from your car's 12v to 220 output via an inverter then there's the issue of the wattage you need to feed to give the sound the fullest possible range.

I could be wrong since I'm not an expert at this. This is just thinking aloud.

(sigh) I miss those speakers

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Thanks for the reply man! How i wish it can work with mt N16. Para less gastos na rin diba?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    depende siguro, sir kung ano yung impedance ng MS speakers nyo.
    most of the amplifiers kasi for car audio nasa 4ohms to 1ohm rating lang.
    i think most of the home audio speakers nasa 8ohms rating.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbry View Post
    depende siguro, sir kung ano yung impedance ng MS speakers nyo.
    most of the amplifiers kasi for car audio nasa 4ohms to 1ohm rating lang.
    i think most of the home audio speakers nasa 8ohms rating.

i see. pero sirs magagawaan kaya ng paraan yun? gusto ko sana magamit yun para hindi totally masayang.. thanks!

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Well alam ko pwede gawan ng way yan but at what cost di ko alam.

If the issue is just to save the speakers to put in to good use then better off ka na gawan mo nalang ng box uli for home use para safe na din.

Sa auto kasi alam ko most power outlets have a maximum of 80 to 100 watts lang so medyo kapus ang power mo to drive the speakers.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    i got you bro! thanks for the replies!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Mordaunt Short speakers ara good sorround speaker for home theater .If the casing is damage built a box under the specification of the speaker to procduce a good sound .

Mordaunt Short speaker for car audio? Possible?