New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    i plan to do a low budget set up composing of targa speakers... the speaker hole on the door as ive measured is only 4" it is a boxtype pajero btw
    i already have a 4ch tekline amp with an old sony hu 35 watts

i plan to put
    a set of 4" targa seps up front (tweets under the dash and seps at doors)

a pair of 4" targa coaxials at the 2nd row doors

a pair of 6x9s way back (behind the jump seats)

an eight" active sub (stealth by targa)

my questions:

i already have a tekline 4ch amp what should i do? is this correct?

-hook the separates on ch1.ch2 and hook the 6x9s on chan 3, ch4
    -coaxials will pe powered by the HU
    then attach the active sub on the out of the hu

2) can i hook 2 sets of separates on the same chan?
    if this is possible how do i do it? screw both wires on the same out of the amplifier? or join the 2 positive and 2 negs. of the spaker before hooking it to the amp?

3) can i hook the 6x9 together with a 4" subwoofer?
    (if this is possible i plan to scratch the coaxials and get a pair of 4" subs instead for the rear doors

4)how do i adjust the gain and freq of the amplifier?

5) is there a website that can teach idoits like me to do a complete sound set up
    sorry for the heaps of questions im just a newbie w regards to setting up sounds hope you guys will be kind enough to help....

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    I recommend that you let the HU power the 6x9s... and let ch1 & ch2 power the front seps, ch3 & ch4 for the subs.

do not power the sub from the HU... dapat sa amp. baka di rin tumunog yan... or basag ang tunog.

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    oh... active pala yung sub mo... hehehe... kala ko hindi, eh. mali basa ko... soweeee.

oo, tama balak mong wiring config.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Active means may bulit in amp ?? If yun ay bulit in , yung amp mo ay sa mga mids n seps mo na lang .

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as long as your tekline amp has enough wattage to power the four channels you'll be ok. typically the self-powered sub boxes have amps that match the woofer perfectly.

only one question: bakit 8-inch, when you have a lot of room in the pajero? 8-inchers really don't give you really powerful bass response, if that's what you're looking for. i'd suggest a single 12" instead.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, i agree with M54. 8"ers aren't too powerful (unless you're talkin about L7s), tapos powered sub vs. sub-powered-w-external-amp. anyhow, your connections are ok. test mo yung sub kung ok na rin sa yo good luck.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    na audition ko na sa dai ichi sa megamall ayos na sa akin yun stealth na active sub

di naman spl habol ko e basta mas maganda lang sa stock
    and talagang low budget lang ako happy na ako dun

i have another question: if an amplifier is 4 chan and rated at 200 watts it meand 50 per channel?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tip lang wag ka na mag lagay ng coax sa rear doors sayang ang staging

mga audio gurus sana matyaga kayo dami tanong