New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    went back today and got another 6.8in lcd with tuner and dvd /cd/mpe am/fm unit, but didnt like it so i will go back tom para papalit ko. then ill get another dvd player para sa pajero ko. the unit i got today is for my crv.

yamyam,
    good to see you sa wintersnow office. enjoy talaga kung may tv sa car. hehehehe.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Refund was pretty quick i got my money back in an hour. Badtrip was the reinstallation of my original radio, it took them more than 4 hours and ngayon me play na yung radio, meaning me kunting uga. Oh well, charge to experience.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    *fireblade

Sorry to hear sir... pero I think you could bring that to a reputable car accessory shop. Maaayos pa sa tingin ko yang uga. Hopefully that is.

Kalungkot naman, tuwang-tuwa ako dito at may pagkakainteresan na naman akong i-DIY sa weekend sabay may kasabay naman pala akong bumili na nalulukmo sa inis..
    Last edited by batang_raon14; November 8th, 2006 at 12:15 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by batang_raon14 View Post
    *fireblade

Sorry to hear sir...

Cant have it all i guess. Initially they tried to put it near my rear view mirror where my reading lamp is located, viola wala akong makita sa rearview. Their suggestion is for me to buy a camera for 6.5t!!!!!

Eto pa, yung nabili kong lcd monitor maliit as compared dun sa tinaggal na console so malaki yung butas na maiiwan.They suggested the NECVOX na 6.8 which is just right for the slot but still wala akong makita sa rear view! My fault really but they never expalined it to me. I should have known better i guess.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    *fireblade

Sorry to hear sir... pero I think you could bring that to a reputable car accessory shop. Maaayos pa sa tingin ko yang uga. Hopefully that is.

Kalungkot naman, tuwang-tuwa ako dito at may pagkakainteresan na naman akong i-DIY sa weekend sabay may kasabay naman pala akong bumili na nalulukmo sa inis..

Ill make do with the uga, what they freakin did was pinuwersa yung removal when the u shape twin pick didnt seem to work. Resulta, na deform yung inner casing and no amount of long nose magic can do the trick.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Ill make do with the uga, what they freakin did was pinuwersa yung removal when the u shape twin pick didnt seem to work. Resulta, na deform yung inner casing and no amount of long nose magic can do the trick.
    Yeowch... ramdam ko yan chief. Yan din nangyari sa sasakyan ko dahil sa di ko kilalang installer ko pinagawa... uga rin at may tama na ung bottom-portion ng dash. Luckily, ung uga nagawan ng paraan, pero ung gasgas...

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Yeowch... ramdam ko yan chief. Yan din nangyari sa sasakyan ko dahil sa di ko kilalang installer ko pinagawa... uga rin at may tama na ung bottom-portion ng dash. Luckily, ung uga nagawan ng paraan, pero ung gasgas...

You will be surprised with what they did with the scratch on the dashboard. Took out my lighter after heating it and rubbed it on the dash, some scratches were removed. And they did it on an 05 Escape

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't think that would happen sir IF the installer checked if it's grounded first. Most installers have their tester for that and wouldn't cost an arm and leg to buy one. Also, it doesn't hurt to check for wires that may need rewiring or to be covered by electric tapes. So, for me, blame does go to the installer.

The antenna that came with the tuner is brand new. The first install was not the installers fault, you don't expect them to test the brand new antenna, unlike the 2nd hand monitors and tuners. But i agree with you that it is their fault during the 2nd install, they should've tested it already. Only on the third install that they tested it. What i'm saying is if it was installed outside Winterpine, even with reputable shops, probability is very high that the same thing will happen, busted tuner.

Convenience wise lang na dun na ipakabit, if something goes wrong andun na lahat ng items to replace it. Even repair services e andun na din. Kabisado na din nila produkto nila if there are minor issues.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yamyam
    The antenna that came with the tuner is brand new. The first install was not the installers fault, you don't expect them to test the brand new antenna, unlike the 2nd hand monitors and tuners. But i agree with you that it is their fault during the 2nd install, they should've tested it already. Only on the third install that they tested it. What i'm saying is if it was installed outside Winterpine, even with reputable shops, probability is very high that the same thing will happen, busted tuner.

Convenience wise lang na dun na ipakabit, if something goes wrong andun na lahat ng items to replace it. Even repair services e andun na din. Kabisado na din nila produkto nila if there are minor issues.
    Point taken. Quite hard to believe it that the antenna's brand new. The first install though is still their fault. If you are afraid that you'll be fired because of grounding a product due to carelessness (IMO, not checking for ground), then it would have been done even in the first attempt.

Yes, same may happen if installed outside Winterpine. But, we're glad that you told us what happen, at least we, or should I say, would be very cautious in checking things out before installing mine. Kung installer man sa suking shop, ngaun masasabihan mo na na "o, icheck mo muna kung may ground ha?" at least maiwasan na di ba?

Thanks sir. Ang kati na ng kamay kong mainstall ung akin!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I believe that the antennas are brand new and unused. Demo stands (where their stocks came from) don't require antennas for each monitor, it is connected to a common tv tuner. Plug and play lang yung tuner kung ano gusto mong lcd monitor na i-demo sayo. And adhesives on the antennas were still original, kung gamit na yun tanggal na din ung mga cover ng adhesives. Sana bago kayo umalis ng winterpine pina check nyo na din ung mga grounds ng mga nakuha nyong units, hassle pa yan kung bumalik pa kayo dahil dun. Good luck at sana walang problema ang mga nakuha nyo, para lahat tayo masaya sa ating mga lcd monitors.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
LCD monitor- pang kotse