New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    guys, i'll be in Manila by mid dec from HongKong. I can help to buy 1DIN DVD with motorized monitor here. more or less PHP17500 lang.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza View Post
    guys, i'll be in Manila by mid dec from HongKong. I can help to buy 1DIN DVD with motorized monitor here. more or less PHP17500 lang.
    Bro, may brand bang Sound Audio diyan?

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza View Post
    magkano ba 1 HKD compare sa Peso?

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Darn it. Went this afternoon and paid for the roof mounted LCD monitor, tv tuner and dvd player all for 14,500. Very reasonable but it turns out not to be compatible with my Escape. They returned the money when Winterpines couldnt install it properly. Eto pa, with the roof mounted monitor, you couldnt see a thing on the rear view mirror. Another option is to buy a camera for 6.5t but I just find it an overkill. Eto pa, the installer at Winterpines couldn't return my original head unit and it took them 4.15 hours to put it back with matching scratches. I was in Winterpines from 415 and left almost 8:30pm.

Btw, saw xwind and batang raon who left with wide smiles.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sorry to hear that, that's why when i got the lcd in dash, i didnt have it installed at winterpine. kahit masmahal ng kaunti, i had it done sa friend ko sa banawe, atleast alam ko maayos and d nila me papabayaan.
    Last edited by KCboy; November 7th, 2006 at 12:14 AM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Darn it. Went this afternoon and paid for the roof mounted LCD monitor, tv tuner and dvd player all for 14,500. Very reasonable but it turns out not to be compatible with my Escape. They returned the money when Winterpines couldnt install it properly. Eto pa, with the roof mounted monitor, you couldnt see a thing on the rear view mirror. Another option is to buy a camera for 6.5t but I just find it an overkill. Eto pa, the installer at Winterpines couldn't return my original head unit and it took them 4.15 hours to put it back with matching scratches. I was in Winterpines from 415 and left almost 8:30pm.

opssss sorry to hear that kalako pa naman maganda na set up mo for your kids.
    weekend ko pa makabit yun sa akin good luck na lang sa akin

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    *x-wind and fireblade

Nice meeting you sirs. Hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by fireblade

Sayang sir. Di ko akalaing magkakaproblema sa rear view mirror pag kinabitan ng roof-mount. Pero, same with KCBoy, I've been observing kasi ung nagdedemo ng units even before sir x-wind arrived, medyo nalilituhan talaga sya kung san dapat pupunta ung mga cables. Kaya umpisa pa lang nag-opt na ako na DIY ko na lang.

Checked what I bought today and if it would fit on my car. Luckily the slot for the HU is awfully wide for aftermarket parts so... yup, it fits. Pero same as sir x-wind sa Saturday ko pa maiinstall. Dami pa kasing gawain ngaun. But, I really had a wide smile when I left.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Unless you have installer friends like KCBoy, I suggest you have it installed at Winterpine. There was one car being worked on when i got there, so happened that 3 TV tuner busted on that single install, the culprit: grounded antenna. They replaced each busted TV tuner. The fault was the equipment, not the install. Imagine kung sa iba mo pinakabit yun baka pabalik balik ka din sa Winterpine just to have it replaced, eh andun na din naman sa Winterpine lahat ng gamit. And labor was charged with a minimal fee of 300 pesos, i think mas mahal pa yun kung sa labas ipapakabit with the monitor, tuner and antenna installation.

I got the 7" fully motorized with tuner, and I had a smiling face din when i drove home.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just to add ceiling mounted monitors are placed at the middle, naturally it will block your rear view. Mount it near the back seat so that you can still have some rear view left, di ka na nga lang makakanood hehehehe..Didn't know there were some tsikoteers last Sat, si KCBoy lang kse ang nakita ko.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yamyam
    so happened that 3 TV tuner busted on that single install, the culprit: grounded antenna.
    I don't think that would happen sir IF the installer checked if it's grounded first. Most installers have their tester for that and wouldn't cost an arm and leg to buy one. Also, it doesn't hurt to check for wires that may need rewiring or to be covered by electric tapes. So, for me, blame does go to the installer.
    Last edited by batang_raon14; November 7th, 2006 at 09:11 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
LCD monitor- pang kotse