New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    pre, na-stuck yata yung caps lock mo. o baka naninigaw ka? ;)

once again, a capacitor does help improve the performance and reliability of high-powered sound systems. but first of all, a stock car electrical system is built to handle something like 25% extra load - more than enough to power a low/medium wattage system. second, suggesting that someone spend their tight budget on capacitors instead of high quality separates (which will make or break a system) is simply poor advice. sorry.
    caps lock used to indicate what i'm saying is true.if you have all your electronic items on including the ac ,ligths and your engine all running during the nigth,rest assure you lacked power and your battery which have only 13% extra load ( not 25%) can not caugth up with the demand.kung payag ka sa payo ko ayus lang kung hindi naman ayus lang . just try wala namang mawawala sa iya.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    This is a great thread! Sir ortitzrl, don't worry, naka-cap ako.

With regard to your voltage & EFI thingy... EFI at its most basic is 3 things: ECU, fuel pump, injectors.

1.) ECUs by their own electronic nature have their own caps. They're those round thingies you see on the circuit board.

2.) Injectors do NOT pump fuel. They are valves, they simply open & close. They do not open and close halfway or 1/4-way, they are either opened or closed. They are sent a signal by the ECU to open or close... not much voltage needed there, for a signal.

3.) So what pushes the fuel? Your fuel pump. This is not electrical. This is a mechanical item run by the engine.

Therefore... nope, the cap will not make your car go faster or burn fuel better. Why do I have it? Better sound, and avoid untoward fluctuation damage to electrical items... you're absolutely right with your comment about headlights, but the cap as a speed gadget... as effective as KHAOS.

HTH

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ortitzrl
    caps lock used to indicate what i'm saying is true.if you have all your electronic items on including the ac ,ligths and your engine all running during the nigth,rest assure you lacked power and your battery which have only 13% extra load ( not 25%) can not caugth up with the demand.kung payag ka sa payo ko ayus lang kung hindi naman ayus lang . just try wala namang mawawala sa iya.
    bosing, hindi kita inaaway, ha? pero in commonly accepted 'netiquette' yung caps lock is shouting or intended to convey anger. payong kapatid lang - if you don't believe me just google it.

again, since dalawang beses ko na sinabi hindi parin tayo nagkakaintindihan - nakakatulong ang capacitor. tama ang sinabi mo about relieving strain on the battery. nag-disagree lang ako because you said the thread starter should spend his money on capacitors, but settle for 4 6x9 speakers. it's a much better use of his money to invest in high quality seps instead of capacitors.

hindi totoo na "wala namang mawawala sa kanya". i think kung gumastos siya ng 30k pero tunog basura yung system mo, may nawala sa kanya dun. kahit iwas-diskarga yung battery niya ;)

For me, better get an Alternator upgrade over a Cap if your planning to install a high output setup.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    mdyo nalitot ako dun ah..ano ba tlga ang ok sa sinabi nyo.sencya na mga tol,la ako syado alam dito eh.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    bosing, hindi kita inaaway, ha? pero in commonly accepted 'netiquette' yung caps lock is shouting or intended to convey anger. payong kapatid lang - if you don't believe me just google it.

again, since dalawang beses ko na sinabi hindi parin tayo nagkakaintindihan - nakakatulong ang capacitor. tama ang sinabi mo about relieving strain on the battery. nag-disagree lang ako because you said the thread starter should spend his money on capacitors, but settle for 4 6x9 speakers. it's a much better use of his money to invest in high quality seps instead of capacitors.

hindi totoo na "wala namang mawawala sa kanya". i think kung gumastos siya ng 30k pero tunog basura yung system mo, may nawala sa kanya dun. kahit iwas-diskarga yung battery niya ;)
    Sorry hindi ko pala nasabi na may hu na ako bago ako nagpakabit nang mga speakers.May set up is ito,dalawang tweeter,apat na 6x9 ,isang sub at isang power amp.Speakers all kicker and the Power amp ay ADS from china.All in all 25k lang.The capacitor ay nasa akin na a long time ago dahil sa iyon talaga ang plano ko matagal na kaya pinag ipunan ko nang pero para magka roon nang capacitor at ganitong set na speakers system.Palagay ko hindi tunog basura yan.Just try and compare.Walang mawawala sa iyo.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    for 25K you can get JVC MP3 head unit 7k, front speakers na kicker seperates 6" 4.5k, sub na kicker 6k with box, V12 amp 4k, wiring harness 1.5K plus labor install. We install this kind of set-up sa mga cars most of the time and they sound good for the budget.

no offense ha but di na siguro uso ang 6x9 ngayon sa mga kotse, except sa mga vehicles with long seats sa rear part that face each other, we put 4 pcs 6x9 put it in a box below the long seats.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ortitzrl
    Sorry hindi ko pala nasabi na may hu na ako bago ako nagpakabit nang mga speakers.May set up is ito,dalawang tweeter,apat na 6x9 ,isang sub at isang power amp.Speakers all kicker and the Power amp ay ADS from china.All in all 25k lang.The capacitor ay nasa akin na a long time ago dahil sa iyon talaga ang plano ko matagal na kaya pinag ipunan ko nang pero para magka roon nang capacitor at ganitong set na speakers system.Palagay ko hindi tunog basura yan.Just try and compare.Walang mawawala sa iyo.
    my apologies. i didn't mean to criticize your own choice of speakers. but this thread is not about your system.

just try and compare? I HAVE COMPARED 6X9'S AND SEPARATES MANY, MANY TIMES. the sound quality is far superior with the separates.

since i am tired of repeating myself this is my last post here.

khryzm, kung madami kang pera by all means bumili ka ng separates (aka component speakers), amp, HU, sub and sub box, wiring, dynamat, capacitor, equalizer at kung ano-ano pa. but if you're on a budget i suggest you start with high quality speakers, subs and amp first, since they are the most critical parts for a good-sounding system. then if you have money left over, yung HU naman and then the other stuff.

disclaimer: check to see if your HU has pre-outs. kung wala, kailangan mong magpalit ng HU bago mo magamit ang bago mong amp and speakers.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    don't buy kicker seps with your budget. for entry level separates, mas ok pa ang targa or if you can go to the 5k range, jbl GTO. and as far as capacitors are concerned, i don't see any real need for them unless your system uses more than 1000W RMS and you use it heavily for long periods of time.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    or go to www.kotseaudioclub.com. daming info na mahahanap dyan.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
konting tulong sa pagsetup ng sounds