New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    nielsen,
    van din kasi ride ko, nasa compartment yung sub (12" sealed) aimed at the back. kapag try ko lakasan, sa loob anlakas na ng bass pero kapag pinakinggan mo sa labas ng bukas front windows parang mahina pa rin...

o baka mas malayo yung gapang ng bass kaya hindi gaanong malakas sa malapit? :?:

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    sory sir neilsen pala... :P

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for your question 1delacruz.......better face your subs either upward or towards the front.....never face it towards your back......for the "gapang" question......how did you set your xover low channel frequencies? if it is at its lowest and you're using sealed boxes.......hanapin mo ang range kung saan audible bass......there are some cases that pag malapit ka....wala kang maramdaman na bass.......pero at some distances.....nandun nakatago.......funny isn't it?......pero it's due to the frequency that your sub is breathing out..........it happened to me before when i was still using my Infinity Kappa Series passive xover........I put the subs using the "low" channel output of the xover......tested it and I said...."tangnang to!!! sayang lang ang pera ko dito ha?!.......walang bayo!!!".........fortunately my friends where near the vicinity.....then told me "pre! ang lakas naman ng bayo niyan!!!" .......it is only then when I started experimenting frequencies........I hope that I was able to help you with your problem.....:D

4. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    sir hindi ko kabisado setting e, kasi yung xover ko builtin na sa amp(F41000).. yung installer na nag-set.. ano ba dapat? thanks!:wink:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    xover settings depends on your sound preferrence and what music you often listen to......since hindi ko kabisado ang xover frequencies ng F41000......better ask your installer....sometimes installers adjust these things on there own sound preferrence......:D

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    i listen to almost all kind of music... pop, light jazz, rock, rap, RnB, new wave.. ah ok, tanong ko na lang sa installer ko...sige sir salamat :wink:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    standard for xover frequencies for the low frequency channel is around 40 Hz.....any value lower than that makes the bass more softer.......ideal for jazz music and the like......if you go higher than 40 Hz.......it makes the bass more "matigas".......more on the SPL side of bass........I'd look for my chart regarding bass frequencies for different genres of songs....ranging from jazz to club........post ko na lang dito para at least you'ld have an idea....:D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
i don't understand bass.