New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I'm having problems transferring the songs from the Macross 7 album "Mylene Jenius sings Lynn Minmay" from the computer onto an MP3 disc coz of the fact that those tracks (and the MP3 tags) have japanese characters and the Pioneer head units that are OEM on the pajero and outlander cannot recognize them.

funny thing is, these HUs did recognize some tracks from "Sentou Yousei Yukikaze" which have japanese characters too, although they display as ASCII characters and not japanese text anymore. weird.

do i need sort of firmware udates on them? or new HUs?

and another problem related to it, when i try to burn those songs from the former album, it says it's trying to transfer invalid files for some of them. I've used Nero and NT1 backup (from Acer) and both no-go. any suggestions on another burning program that can do the job?

TIA. :D

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    AFAIK, renaming the mp3's to english letters would solve the problem sir.

Minsan kasi pag japanese characters yan, you may see it on your computer as around 10-20 characters lang. Pero pag sinalpak mo sa Windows or any program na english ang language, sinusubukan itranslate yan to english characters and result eh at times lumalampas ng 255 characters (which makes the file unreadable) na ung characters na un e puros boxes lang kung titignan mo sa player mo. Sorry if I can't simplify the terms too much, ang hirap eh? hehe

Kaya ng Windows na idisplay ung Japanese characters pero pag ibeburn na sa cd, translations of the filename has to be made and un na nga nangyayari, humahaba ang filename to the point na unreadable siya.

HTH sir
    Last edited by batang_raon14; October 26th, 2006 at 11:53 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    hmmmm...that's one of the problems. some files with japanese characters can be renamed by windows, some can't even be accessed by windows explorer for renaming, saying invalid daw yung file...

and yet they play normally sa windows media player. abnoy talaga mga pc ko sa bahay. hehehehehe!

baka topakin ako to put a pic on the car in the future ah... :lol:

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    pag di na kaya ng windows irename, yung option na lang sir eh iconvert ung primary language ng windows mo to Japanese, rename the files with only one key, and it SHOULD do it. The problem is, it's too difficult to know what you are clicking when you cannot understand Japanese characters (kanji, etc.).

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    oh. i just recalled, i have this sort of emulator in windows to fool a 3d hentai game (wahahahahaahaha) to think that my winXP is a japanese version. matry nga yun later to rename those files. thanks!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    afaik, mukhang kayang i-rename sa nero yan.

nasa pagbuburn ata yun. kelangan pakialaman yung setting ng ISO. di ko lang alam kung paano.

Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93 View Post
    I'm having problems transferring the songs from the Macross 7 album "Mylene Jenius sings Lynn Minmay" from the computer onto an MP3 disc coz of the fact that those tracks (and the MP3 tags) have japanese characters and the Pioneer head units that are OEM on the pajero and outlander cannot recognize them.

:D
    hehe ask ko lang, ilang tracks? pwede pahingi ng copy? macross fan kasi ako...pero ung orig. series lang up to plus and zero,e... 7 parang wala na ako gana,e...

sorry of the OT

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    iirc, 12 tracks. if you're familiar with all of minmay's songs, this one is a modernized version...not so fruity-ish like the original versions. iirc, the tracks are ai wa nagareru, oboete imasu ka, sunset beach, 0-G love, shao pai long, watashi no karewa pilot...and a couple of other tracks.

kaya i like it better. hehehe.

sige, pm me your email addy and i'll try to send em one by one. :D

HU that recognizes japanese characters