New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2013
    Hi all,

I was wondering if you knowledgeable people about car setups can give me some inputs regarding my 2010 Montero. My Montero has a stock HU and speakers. If I want to install a backup camera. What are best HU's I can use that supports video? Since stock 1 din HU, where do you put the 2 din HU? Some people said that you take out the Multi display and exchange with the 2 din HU.

Is there away to install 2 din HU and not loose the multi display? Thanks in advance guys

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kapitankuplet View Post
    Hi all,

I was wondering if you knowledgeable people about car setups can give me some inputs regarding my 2010 Montero. My Montero has a stock HU and speakers. If I want to install a backup camera. What are best HU's I can use that supports video? Since stock 1 din HU, where do you put the 2 din HU? Some people said that you take out the Multi display and exchange with the 2 din HU.

Is there away to install 2 din HU and not loose the multi display? Thanks in advance guys
    Why not just replace it with a 1DIN HU with video display?

3. Join Date
    May 2013
    Didn't know that 1din HU with video displays existed. What model is that? Is that available locally?

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Why not just replace it with a 1DIN HU with video display?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just check at your preferred car audio shop. Models change almost every year.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Hindi ba 2 din na ung HU ng Monty sir?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Hindi ba 2 din na ung HU ng Monty sir?
    Older models of the Montero Sport have a 1DIN JVC as the stock head unit. Only the refreshed versions have the 2DIN AVT HU.

7. Join Date
    May 2013
    Thanks for the replies guys. Can you recommend car shops in the Banawe and Araneta area? One more thing, is there a 1 din HU with video display that has GPS?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    *kapitankuplet

We have a product that you are looking for. Please check my posting on Sulit.com for details.

Growl Audio (GrowlAudioPro) Philippines

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kapitankuplet View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. Can you recommend car shops in the Banawe and Araneta area? One more thing, is there a 1 din HU with video display that has GPS?
    Try to visit Import Elementz, or ACA in G. Araneta. Usually 1din DVD's are more expensive. The 2din DVD with GPS can be have for about 10k more or less. However, don't expect much from these head units in terms of build sound quality and interface.

I'd recommend any entry level Pioneer then just use your smart phone for GPS. Or better yet, try to explore Pioneer's app radio feature. From what I understand, you can use Waze or any other app from your smart phone to your head unit.