Quote Originally Posted by khenma0928 View Post
    Miata?? Yun b ung top down?
    I like how evo looks kase
    Maybe just like this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1446640162577.jpg  

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Evo conversions are too tacky IMO. Kahit anong gawin mo, your regular Lancer EX just isn't as wide as an Evo X.
    +1 ako dito. The Evo is not about looks. Everything has a purpose. It has holes for cooling. Its wings and body kits help it stick to the ground.

Pansin mo sa picture may umbok sya over the rear fenders? That's to accommodate the wider track. The front fenders are also wider. You can't do that cheaply on a stock EX.

Holes in the hood will let water drip on your engine. The real hood is aluminum and has rain channels. Again not easy and cheap.

I can understand the need to look maangas. We all went through that stage. After a while though you will realize that all show and no go won't fool the people that matter.

Keep it simple and clean. Nice rims and a bit of lowering go a long way.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    +1 ako dito. The Evo is not about looks. Everything has a purpose. It has holes for cooling. Its wings and body kits help it stick to the ground.

Pansin mo sa picture may umbok sya over the rear fenders? That's to accommodate the wider track. The front fenders are also wider. You can't do that cheaply on a stock EX.

Holes in the hood will let water drip on your engine. The real hood is aluminum and has rain channels. Again not easy and cheap.

I can understand the need to look maangas. We all went through that stage. After a while though you will realize that all show and no go won't fool the people that matter.

Keep it simple and clean. Nice rims and a bit of lowering go a long way.
    I was thinking about to change for the hood because of cooling nga...but to be looks like that....kasi pansin ko mabilis uminit engine ng 2.0... And the temperature easily rise up into half in just a minute or two.

why is that so?

But yeah, what about the water.. It could pass through the hood and wets the engine.. Is this a treat to the engine?

I like the rims too.. That's why im preparing for it.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Engines are designed to warm up fast. The thermostat does not allow coolant to circulate until the engine reaches its operating temp. Those hood holes won't help.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Engines are designed to warm up fast. The thermostat does not allow coolant to circulate until the engine reaches its operating temp. Those hood holes won't help.
    So it is just normal that its on the half of thermostat... Even though i change my coolant? My SA told me to use 50/50 mixed coolant from shell only....

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    So it is just normal that its on the half of thermostat... Even though i change my coolant? My SA told me to use 50/50 mixed coolant from shell only....
    Check your manual for the proper ranges. On most Japanese brands half is normal. Buti ka pa nga may temp gauge ka pa. Most cars only have an idiot light that turns off when the operating temp is reached.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Check your manual for the proper ranges. On most Japanese brands half is normal. Buti ka pa nga may temp gauge ka pa. Most cars only have an idiot light that turns off when the operating temp is reached.
    Okay thanks... Haven't reach the 1k PMS.. hehehe... What about synthetic oils? Is this much better?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    You worry too much TS. Kalma ka lang.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    You worry too much TS. Kalma ka lang.
    Im not that worried nmn... Im just starting to know things about car maintenance... Haven't done it kasi on a 2nd hand ones... Hehehe....

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Okay thanks... Haven't reach the 1k PMS.. hehehe... What about synthetic oils? Is this much better?
    Check the manual again for the proper viscosity ;)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast