New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    hi mga sirs, makisuyo lang po...

what can u say about this: i have a spare altec lansing sub kasi sa bahay (1st gen in wood box pa, it is the 2.1 type, kaso lang hndi na gumagana kasi yun 2 monitor cube speakers nya that's why). i'm planning to use this active sub sana to go with my stock set of speakers (99 civic).

can this be possible?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yung kuya ko naalala ko pag may gimik sa greenhills nung uso pa pormahan ng auto dun sa weekend, nilalagay yung akai speakers ng bahay sa likod ng DX corolla hatchback niya

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Pwede naman ... as long as you're satisfied with the sound and look.

Yun nga lang, you have to feed it at line-level from your head unit. Kung wala there are adaptors that convert speaker-level signals to line-level ... but it kinda defeats the objective re: costs.

You also have to figure out a way to remotely switch the sub, or else you'll have to turn it on/off manually. As for the power source, if that's the same as the ACS45.1 you can just bypass the internal power supply (220vAC-to-12vDC) and hook it straight to 12vDC.

4ohms lang dapat ang auto speakers. ang sa home ay kalimitan ay 8ohm ang operating..

just check that parameter. pag di 4 ohm wag mo gamitin sa auto baka madamay pa HU mo..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    Pwede naman ... as long as you're satisfied with the sound and look.

Yun nga lang, you have to feed it at line-level from your head unit. Kung wala there are adaptors that convert speaker-level signals to line-level ... but it kinda defeats the objective re: costs.

You also have to figure out a way to remotely switch the sub, or else you'll have to turn it on/off manually. As for the power source, if that's the same as the ACS45.1 you can just bypass the internal power supply (220vAC-to-12vDC) and hook it straight to 12vDC.
    ah i see.... thanks for the detailed explanation sir. i need to check the ohms output din pla nito.

thanks din TS

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hakkinen View Post
    i need to check the ohms output din pla nito.
    There's no need for that.

If you use an 8Ω home audio speaker and connect it to the head unit's 4Ω speaker line, there will be an impedance mismatch. Not that it's really a bad thing ... It will still work OK. What's to be avoided is using 4Ω car speakers on a home audio amplifier, if you don't know what you're doing.

But what you have is an active subwoofer, which has a built-in amplifier. The speaker is already matched to its amplifier (by design). Your active sub is fed thru its line-level input, which has a high impedance. The Sub Out or Preamp Out from the head unit has also high impedance ... so there's no need to worry about speaker impedance mismatching.

It's the impedance mismatch between the speaker and amplifier that's worrying people here.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    There's no need for that.

If you use an 8Ω home audio speaker and connect it to the head unit's 4Ω speaker line, there will be an impedance mismatch. Not that it's really a bad thing ... It will still work OK. What's to be avoided is using 4Ω car speakers on a home audio amplifier, if you don't know what you're doing.

But what you have is an active subwoofer, which has a built-in amplifier. The speaker is already matched to its amplifier (by design). Your active sub is fed thru its line-level input, which has a high impedance. The Sub Out or Preamp Out from the head unit has also high impedance ... so there's no need to worry about speaker impedance mismatching.

It's the impedance mismatch between the speaker and amplifier that's worrying people here.
    ah, so that clears things up for me. in theory, that was also the same thing that's floating in my mind, you just crystallized it for me. thanks for this sir.

well bottom line is, i'm really trying to make full use of this idle sub speaker na matagal nang naka-tengga dito sa bahay... sayang nman. truth is, im not really into this chest pounding, ear splitting subs talaga, im past that already (i have some occasional kick tho ). all i need is a decent mid set-up that is flexible enough to handle most of the music genre that i'm into. i also consider the space that the sub will eventually eat up in my trunk space, hence this altec lansing sub being a bit smaller.

then i saw my old sub sa tambakan, hehe....

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    You're welcome. I'm sure that spare Altec Lansing sub will be worth the effort.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    pwedeng pwede yan kung tunog lang hanap mo, minsan sa mga jeepney kita mo mga inasemble lang na speakers from home speakers..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    mga sirs, im thinking of installing my 2.1ch bose companion speakers on my bug din sana. im not into boom-boom kasi mostly operas and love songs ang pinapakinggan ko lang (weird bah?). i used to pair it with my B&O MP3 Player and they sound really cold and sweeeet! im not gonna use any HU na, thus no amplifiers na rin sana. im just using the car to drive from work to office.. about 30minutes/day so why invest 30k to 50k for sound set up alone? i will if it's an RV. im just trying to be practical kasi.

pero paano kaya ang mairerecommend nyo na arrangement of 2 sattelites and the subwoofer? all under the dash? subwoofer at the back, sattelite under the dash?

otherwise, if i will set up a car audio system.. maybe mga 15k to 20k lang ang makakaya ko. and as much as possible, they should match the sound quality as decent as my bose companion's... and would that be possible in the first place?

ano kaya magandang option mga sirs?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
home speakers pede b sa kotse?