New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi ive just recently install a 7450mp on my car and i noticed that there was still some hiss on my mb quartz seps
    nang galing po ako sa cassette dati so nasanay ako na may hiss... pero now that its cd based diba wala na po sya dapat hiss???

help i need help kasi i spent so much on it parang di tama na may hiss parin yung setup

-7450mp
    -dsc216 mbquarts seps front
    -comp series mb quarts rear yung may box na passive cross over
    -stock wiring

kung papa upgrade ko po ba yung wiring ko sa tining nyo mawawala yung hiss?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    where is the hiss coming from?

is it when you rev, the hiss gets stronger?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa seps or sa tweets??

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try using double shielded signal cables to connect your HU to your amp.......:D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir
    wala po akong amp

the hiss is coming from the tweets..... ata

paranag tunog lata rin yun woofer. ?!?!?!?!?

ummm pencil type cross over lang po yung sa harap

if i add a passive cross over sa harap ma lilinis kaya yung tunog???
    whats a good passive cross over?

kung pirated cd siguradong may hiss
    if orginal sometimes my hiss sometimes wala. depende sa cd
    if mp3 may hiss rin kung minsan

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    silentmax,
    had the same setup (7450MP, DSC216) a few weeks back. same problem with the woofer. sobrang tunog lata! :evil: was thinking about looking for passive x-overs for them, but before i started experimenting, my pair of RC61s at home were freed up, so yun na ang nakakabit.

didn't experience the hissing sound though. what i experienced, however, a little humming when the stereo was turned up and while the it was reading the next track.

the DSCs are at home, waiting for a solution. pls. post if the passive x-overs helped.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im not sure if passive xovers will help...

but passive xovers are used to filter the frequency coming out of the speakers....

like for the tweets...passives will filter low frequencies so that bass wont come out...pag bass ang lumabas dun...patay ang tweets mo...

gets?

hhmm...

dami kasi pwedeng panggalingan eh..but double check your ground wire...

change mo ng position if possible...use sand paper to clean the surface na pagkakabitan...and tighten the screw....

lets wait for the others....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alam ko kasi....may kasamang xover yan diba? did you buy this second hand? baka naman may defect nung binili mo?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm...

dami yan pwede panggalingan... if you haven't visited a shop to check your power/ground wires and speaker connections, try checking the settings on your head unit. For starters you can set the eq on your HU to flat. Lower the values or turn off HPF built-in crossover. Turn off Loudness. Try playing original SQ CDs with good accoustics, male/female voices. Try to avoid pirated CDs and MP3s for the meantime. At least by doing this, you can eliminate this source and make troubleshooting easier. :mrgreen: If the hiss is still very strong, maybe it's time to visit a shop or go back to who installed your HU and speakers.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Neilsen,
    tried the same set of MBs (DSC 216). if you call the 1.5-2" tube-shaped apparatus per speaker the x-over, then meron. although, feeling ko, para lang yun sa tweeters. sadly, la syang kasamang rectangular x-over like that in the Q-series. the tweets are ok, in my not-expert-layman opinion, but the midbass, talagang tunog lata.

Glenn10,
    they might help improve the sound quality a bit, considering la sya talagang "real" x-over. hindi mabuo-buo yung tunog ng midbass.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
hiss on MB quartz seps?? bakit ganun????