New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    hi

just bought a "SUPER" brand LCD Tv from Hongkong. It worked fine there when tested. I know they are on the PAL format. TV's system setting was on "I".

Now i cannot choose the correct system setup to receive Phil TV signals. from the choices of M/N, L, I, DK, BG; can anyone please advise the correct setting for NTSC/ Phil TV signal sytem setting. I did the trial&error thing to no success.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hmm if you tried every setting and didnt work..then it isnt compatible to our tv sytem..years ago,i bought a small casio tv from hk also..it worked fine here..problem is i couldnt find the tv itself anymore hehe..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt
    .. from the choices of M/N, L, I, DK, BG; can anyone please advise the correct setting for NTSC/ Phil TV signal sytem setting...
    I don't think that those initials were meant to be equivalent to being PAL or SECAM or NTSC.

Anu ba ibig sabihin nuon? wala ba sa manual?

Did the unit say it was multi-system?

At worst i-rereprogram yan...they'd replace the crystal in the RF yata

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    select lang ntsc yung super 8" na punurchase ko year ago ganun din walang ma recieve na local network..ginabitan ko ng yogi antenna ayun nagka channel pero 23/7/13 lang disturted pa, sa cable di rin compatible alang audio...pina change items ko nalang within a wk..pero sa A/V input walang problema ok na ok..>>

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    thanks for the replies

I thought M was the code for NTSC, but researching wikipedia, ther is also a PAL-M.

i think i figured it out, the manual was of little help, but i noticed a small sticker at the back saying syestem:PAL then NTSC (video only). so i think its not really meant for NTSC Phil TV signal. It can only receieve NTSC from the AV in

using the A/V in jack, plug it into the TV got me the same signal as our cableTV.

Though choosing M/N setting got me all the UHF channels, and i think i also got a poor signal of ch2 and ch5.

Follow up question; is there a HUD or radio unit that has a TV tuner on it. please advise its make and possible price

thanks

Help on "Super" brand LCD car TV tuner setup