New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    mga sir newbie po ako sa sound set up so wala po ako alam ano maganda.. balak ko po mag paglit ng headunit speakers and lagay na din subs... any suggestions po thanks budget po is mga 30k and 00' civic auto ko.. salamat

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    you can have a nice setup with that budget. try visiting here: http://tsikot.com/forums/car-audio-v...r-promo-76262/
    you can pm sir jedi

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    disenteng sound setup na yan. visit ka sa sa Kotse Audio Club Website. marami kang matututunan don.

Or would you like is probably a custom install sir, like changing the stock to a different audio system that you want, here is some tip that will surely guide you through until you finish and get what you really want..
    System planning-
    What is system planning? It's the process that keeps you from making costly mistakes and ending up with equipment you don't want or can't use. Here's system planning for you to shop some equipment that you want in your audio upgrade.

"My friend just got two fifteens for his car and it booms! I just got the same ones he bought but I bought the new gigawatt amplifier I saw in the magazines. I also bought a new head unit but I want to keep my factory speakers because I don't want to spend too much money."
    Everything sounds OK until you realize that he drives a honda civic and barely has enough trunk space for a bag of groceries let alone the six cubic feet those two fifteens require. Oh, and he also has a premium sound system that requires an 2600php adapter to interface with the factory amplified speakers. Too bad he already opened the boxes and now they're not returnable.
    So what could have prevented this? Planning. You need to know four things.

1. What you want
    2. What you have
    3. What you're willing to give up to get what you want
    4. What you're not willing to give up

Here's how it should be done.

1. I want a stereo system that sounds clean and surely satisfied me for the music i want to listen while i'm on the road.
    2. A sedan with a factory sound system
    3. Money
    4. Trunk space for my tools and equipments.

Now that you know what you want you can figure out how to get it and stay within the set parameters. Here's how to go about it.

1. Get the best set of component speakers you can afford and drive them with 75-150 watts of clean amplifier power. Install a high powered subwoofer system.
    2. Remove the factory sound system and replace it with the CD head unit of your choice making sure it has at least two sets of pre-amp outputs to allow fading between the front speakers and the subwoofers.
    3. Expect to pay 3600php+ for the component set. 5000php+ for the head unit. An amplifier for the component set will run 4500php and up. A subwoofer with a box will be 5000php up. Add another 1000 for a custom enclosure. A high powered amp for the subs will be about 5000php+ with a built in crossover and one ohm stability. And don't forget 2000php up for wiring. Expect an installed cost of 2000php+.
    4. You'll need to get a subwoofer system that can fit in an enclosure small enough to allow rooms for your tools. I'd recommend high power subwoofers built for small enclosures if you want more bass and not sacrificing more space. You could get a pair of twelve inch woofers that would only require 1.5-2.0 cubic feet of space total. Maybe even a fiberglass enclosure that could be form fit to the car to really maximize available space. You'll want a large amplifier to run these woofers at high volume levels. I'd also recommend installing some sound deadening material to your car to keep the vehicle from sounding like a tin can when the system is turned up. these option only is if you want louder audio system.

Make sure you take into account any vehicle limitations. This includes shallow space in the doors, where to install speakers in the rear, shallow depth head unit, etc. Almost any car audio problem can be solved if you have enough money. Not enough space for large subwoofers? Add more power to smaller subwoofers. No room for a double DIN head unit in your dash? Have the dash reconstructed. If you don't have a lot of money then you need to make better buying decisions. Maybe only one subwoofer instead of two. Maybe a four channel amplifier instead of two stereo amplifiers. A head unit without the dancing lights like the pioneer DEH3350UB as the simpliest for around 5k. One note of caution when budget shopping. Don't skimp on the speakers, especially the front speakers. If there's one thing that should be the best you can afford it's the front speakers. In my experience there is nothing else that can make or break a system like the quality of the front speaker set. The best head unit and amplifiers won't make a difference if you don't have a great front stage. Make sure quality front speakers are a part of your system plan.

Now that we've done planning, you have to go where to find those things and install it for you, if you have a trusted and known shop that has a good installer, then ask them first if they know what you want, or they have an equipment that you want for the price na very competetive naman, Probably the biggest unsung hero in car audio is the installer. The installer spends his days bent over trunks, twisted into weird positions and lying upside in who knows what in order to install your equipment. I have a lot of respect for installers. Probably because I've been installing equipment since I get in car audio shop.
    Finding a good installer is critical to getting a good installation. Ask around and you'll get plenty of horror stories of bad installs. I've had people in tears when I showed them what their last installer did to their car. Out of sight, out of mind is not the credo you want your installer to live by.
    In addition to finding a good installer you also need to make sure that installer's shop backs up their work with some kind of guarantee. This is like a warranty on installation,You have to find an installer na kayang magbigay ng lifetime warranty sa labor nya, for best result and near to a perfect installation.. It's your assurance that if they don't do their part that they will make it right or at least give your money back. Make sure you get it in writing. And I would always make sure they agree to a noise free installation. A good installation doesn't have noise so if you're paying for the job then they owe you a noise free installation. Noise suppressors are not a solution either. If they can't give you a noise free guarantee then find another shop. A good installer is able to eliminate noise in their installations. Here's a few other questions to ask about the installation process:

• How is installation charged? Is it by the job or by the hour? Most shops will have a flat fee for the common installations like head units, speakers and amplifiers. Custom work will usually be charged by item, pag bumili ka ng halimbawa speaker, sa ibang shop, free install na yun. unlees kung may woodwork or fiber glassing present, that is charge defend on shop.
    • Will my factory components be returned to me? The answer should be yes. If it's not then make sure they understand that the answer is yes or you'll take your business elsewhere. You'll need that equipment if you plan on taking your stereo with you when you sell your car. If nothing else you can sell it on eBay or sulit for a some price.
    • Do you use wiring harness adapters? This will make re-installing your factory stereo much easier and is just a generally good practice, if not, can you turn back these unit as good when you remove it?
    • How do you make wire connections? Make sure they use equipment to secure wires.
    • What type of insurance do you carry? This will protect you in case your car is damaged while in the install bay or if the installer accidentally sets off your airbag. If they don't carry insurance then you might have to take them to court to get reimbursed.

If you're looking to install a competition system then you'll need to find an installer with experience in this area. Don't let an installer "cut his teeth" on your vehicle. That's what their friends' and their own cars are for. You want to find someone with a history of winning vehicles. This can be tough so be prepared. The best place to find one is at the car stereo competitions. Find system installations that you like and ask who installed them. This is especially true of the competition winners. When the same name keeps coming up you'll know you found your installer. Find out what shop they work for and go there. Ask to speak with the installer and let them know what you want. Most installers would rather work on a competition vehicle than the typical "deck and four" installation. The competition vehicle is where the installer's skills can really shine.
    One final note about installers. Because they're under appreciated you can score points with them by doing what few people do. First you need to meet with them. Introduce yourself and let them know what you're looking for. Smile, treat them with respect and give them your phone number so they can reach you if they have any questions. Don't rush them unless you want a rush job. If you really need to have the car finished sooner than normal then you might want to offer them a tip if they can get it completed sooner by working overtime. Do this discretely and out of earshot of other employees. If you can afford it you might consider offering them a tip if they do a good job as well. This is probably overkill for a head unit installation but on a full system you might want to consider offering them a little something extra. A few extra could help guarantee that everything is done right. You'll be remembered for sure and any future installs will be a priority for the installer as well.
    Good luck and maybe i should help you and the others who want the same thing. Very glad you finish these soon. good day to all.
    Last edited by tsikotshop; June 11th, 2011 at 10:34 AM. Reason: misspell

help for sound set up