Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    According to Jeff Tan, here's a pricelist of his Pioneer headunits
    1950 p3500
    2950 p4400
    3950 p4800
    4950 p5200

2950 or 3950 ka nalang, at least branded siya, and it's a trusted name in the car audio field.
    Forget the rear speakers, just like userfriendly said. When you listen to music at a live show, live concert, the music comes from the front..not from the rear. so, emphasize more on the front speakers. Then when you get extra cash... 2k for a 12" sub is good enough, 1k for the sealed box, V12 amp should cost no more than 3k, then wires and install is 1k-2k.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Mas ok 3950 since you get 2 rca outs compared with 1 rca out ng 2950. 400 lang naman ang difference, sulit yan pag nag amp ka na. If you can get the 4950, mas ok pa since the aux in is at the back and you get a rca sub out.

Bilis bumaba ng prices, I just bought a 4950 early this year for around 5900.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    salamat po sa mga replies mga bossing!

yung 4950 po ba removable yung face ng stereo? mahirap na po kasi e, baka manakaw! at meron po ba yung kabitan pang i-pod o mp3 player nung mga nasa cdr king?

sa seps naman po ba, targa po ba ang mura na brand pero may quality din?
    may mga size po ba yan?
    at kapag targa seps po ba ang binili, may kasama ba yung tweeter o kailangan pang bumili?

pwede bang i-diy ang installation ng seps?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Regarding speakers, i have a 1990 Galant SS with 2 speakers at the top of the dashboard and 2 at the back. Are there Targa speakers compatible for dashboard installation? I think the front speakers are 3-4 inches...and what Targa spkr can i put at the back?
    what are my options (with limited budget in mind)?
    I'm eyeing for the 3950 or 4950 Pioneer HU but i'm having 2nd thoughts coz i'm looking for the SD card feature w/c is avail in the Audiomobile HU...

And by the way, what does SEPS mean?

Thanks guys!!!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    *Gaboy: Yep, the Targa seps are a set. Tweeters and midbass speaker. It's good quality bro. I've seen many targa seps used at car shows. Bang for the buck talaga. The x652c speaker is 6.5", and it comes with tweeters. Yep, you can DIY, or you can ask your shop if they can install it for you. It's a quick and easy install, so they might do it for free.
    I think most Pioneer headunits have removeable face..including the 4950.
    You can attach an MP3 player through the aux-in. But, if your portable mp3 player has bad sound quality, then, you will also get bad sound quality in your car. You can burn an MP3 cd, and hold over 100 songs.. and it will have great playback. We tried my brother's MP3 player and hooked it up to the aux in, and the sound quality sounded very... muffled. So it depends on the quality the portable mp3 player can produce.

*merkinball: Seps is short for Seperates. It comes with a seperate tweeter, and seperate midbass speaker. Sometimes the tweeter is attached already to the midbas speaker. But with seps, you can have the option to customize your "sound stage"..by placing the tweeter at different locations, and pointing at different angles.
    This website is the Daiichi website, and there's specs and pics of the different Targa speakers. The 2nd page has a picture of the Targa seperates. The X652c is the one I got.
    [URL="http://www.daiichi.ph/car.htm[/URL]

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    pano po ba malalaman ang size ng seps na kailangan mong bilhin kung sa may front doors mo ito ikakabit?

* kriskros bosing kasya ba yung targa na x652c sa butas na 6" sa door panel? 6" speaker yung nakalagay ngayon e.... tnx sir!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by funkngruvn View Post
    * kriskros bosing kasya ba yung targa na x652c sa butas na 6" sa door panel? 6" speaker yung nakalagay ngayon e.... tnx sir!
    For me,the problem is, it goes in deep and the magnet is pretty fat hehe. So If i pushed it all the way in, it hits my glass. So I made a makeshift spacer from old tsinelas hehehe. I just cut a small square size portion on the slippers, and used that as a spacer. My stock speakers were probably 3-4 inch speakers, but it had an adaptor to fit in the 5 inch hole. The adaptor is like a round around the speaker, and the disc is mounted on the hole.

I don't think you'd have too much of a problem fitting in the Targa 6.5" in a 6", just look out for the back end of the speaker hitting your glass. That's been a problem with B13 Sentras, but I think the majority of other cars, it fits no problem. If there needs to be adjustment it's very slight adjustment.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    tanong din po:
    ang stock front speakers ko sa ESi ko is 4", i think.
    maliit lang siya eh.

will upgrading to a bigger one need some cutting on my inner door panel?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
help:idiot's guide to car stereo & speakers