New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    was just messaging their Taguig branch in FB

you need to add 4K to use it with CarPlay
    How much yung usual units nila? I think Android user naman yung kakilala ko so no big issue.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    nice HUHeadunit with CarplayHeadunit with CarplayHeadunit with Carplay

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Thanks, sir. It indeed made a dinosaur more current. The audio quality improvement was unexpectedly significant w/o any other hardware upgrades. Everything's pretty smooth, too. Definitely can hang w/ the branded ones, but nowhere near their price range.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    How much yung usual units nila? I think Android user naman yung kakilala ko so no big issue.
    Copy and paste...

PACKAGE A:
    ENTRY-LEVEL
    9inch (2GB RAM 16GB ROM)
    Php 12,998

🔹️PACKAGE B:
    BEST SELLER!! With SPLITSCREEN FUNCTION LIKE 64GB
    9inch (2GB RAM 32GB ROM)
    Php 15,998

🔹️PACKAGE C:
    COMPLETE PACKAGE WITH SIM SLOT
    9inch (4GB RAM 64GB ROM)
    Php 29,998

🔹️PACKAGE D:
    TOP OF THE LINE - COMPLETE PACKAGE
    9inch And 10inch (6GB RAM 128GB ROM)
    Php 44,998
    Yes the headunit uses Android. pero that version was jailbroken to work as a car's headunit.
    It uses Android 10 and who knows kung kelan pa yung last security update nya.

Why I prefer CarPlay/Android Auto? kasi hindi lang ako ang gagamit ng car.
    Just like an iPad na iisa ang user profile, if anyone uses the device, usage history will affect all my devices kasi walang guest profile yung device.

I know to some its not a big deal. pero madami masyadong information ang tied up sa Google account ko and I find it too risky kung may biglang gumamit ng account ko.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Copy and paste...

Yes the headunit uses Android. pero that version was jailbroken to work as a car's headunit.
    It uses Android 10 and who knows kung kelan pa yung last security update nya.

Why I prefer CarPlay/Android Auto? kasi hindi lang ako ang gagamit ng car.
    Just like an iPad na iisa ang user profile, if anyone uses the device, usage history will affect all my devices kasi walang guest profile yung device.

I know to some its not a big deal. pero madami masyadong information ang tied up sa Google account ko and I find it too risky kung may biglang gumamit ng account ko.
    For Comparison...below are the specs & pricing of a vehicle-specific HU bought direct from joyingauto.com:

Operating System: Android 10.0
    CPU Processor: Octa Core 1.8GHz. 64-bit high-performance processor
    RAM: 4GB
    ROM: 64GB
    Resolution:1280*720
    Screen Size: 9"
    Panel Size: 9 Inch
    Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.1, support hands-free phone call and Bluetooth music
    Microphone: Built-in Microphone in the control panel also includes external Microphone
    Working Voltage:10V-14V
    Working Temperature: -40℃-80℃
    Radio Chip: TDA7786
    Amplifier IC: TDA7851
    Audio Power Output: 4X50W
    USB/SD slot maximum compatibilitySupports USB flash drive and Micro SD card with up to 64GB of storage
    HDD: Support external hard drive with up to 500GB storage
    APP: Support most Android apps
    Boot up logo: Support to customize boot up logo
    OSD Language: Support 50+ kinds of languages, including English/Spanish/French/German/Portuguese/Italian/Russian/Turkish/Hebrew/Polish, etc.
    Touch Screen Type: Capacitive touch screen
    Boot up Time: 2s
    Brightness Adjustment: Support
    AM/FM: Support
    Subwoofer Output: Support
    Video out: Not supported
    Audio out: Support
    Video in: Support
    GPS: Built in Google map
    SWC: Support factory steering wheel control, some vehicle may need special canbus harness
    Reverse Camera: Can't support factory reverse camera, support aftermarket reverse camera type PAL, NTSC, Joying cam option: + $25(got this)
    DVR: Support (Optional)
    OBD2: Support (Optional)
    DAB+: Support (Optional)

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Just want to comment on Navitopia. I was supposed to get Joying for one of the cars but got really curious about this brand since their marketing is quite aggressive. I opted to give the supposed 2gb ram 16gb rom Android 10 a try. Paid 15k inclusive of installation. It was fast and clean. The interface is actually good but of course don't compare with the phones we use. Don't set your expectations too high. Overall it's working and haven't found any hiccups but it's really not 2gb ram and Android 10. Using CPU-Z i found out it's still 1gb ram and they use Android 9. The API level is 28 so it's a legit Android 9. Would it matter? Depends on your use. I really just wanted a large screen Waze as the phone i had when I bought Navitopia has a smaller screen than what I use now. I don't plan on installing streaming apps or games. It works for me right now but if i would replace another old car radio, I'd go with Joying.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Saw this on /r/wrx: Pioneer 7600NEX. It's not android, but has both Apple Carplay and Android Auto. It's also really fast, unlike most Android HUs. Around 7 seconds warm boot time so when you turn the car on the reverse cam is available right away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuBWSsSSoJc

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Saw this on /r/wrx: Pioneer 7600NEX. It's not android, but has both Apple Carplay and Android Auto. It's also really fast, unlike most Android HUs. Around 7 seconds warm boot time so when you turn the car on the reverse cam is available right away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuBWSsSSoJc
    How much did it cost you?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    How much did it cost you?
    I haven't bought yet, just considering this one.

Can't find any local sellers for it, but it's $1200 on Crutchfield. Maybe next time myself or someone goes to US pwede hand-carry pauwi.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123