New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Koboy - Is it okay dito na rin ako magtanong or should I create my own thread? Thanks pala sa reply mo saken sa kabila.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlestar View Post
    Koboy - Is it okay dito na rin ako magtanong or should I create my own thread? Thanks pala sa reply mo saken sa kabila.
    Di ako ang TS dito e..pero ok lang naman siguro kay papi onapaolo yun...basta wag lang mashadong OT

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Pero remind ko lang sa yo papi...di ako audio guru ha? I'm just talkin' based on my experience as a customer...at konting pagre-research na din...baka dumugo ilong ko sa tanong mo ha? hihihi

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Koboy - No worries sir di rin ako Audiophile, just want a decent sound on my car.

To start with, I have Ford Escape SUV. It has 4 speakers, both pair on front and rear doors and a pair of tweeter on the dashboard. I want to upgrade on separates, I heard Cadence ZRS is a good midrange setup and it comes with tweeters too. Questions are:

1.) What decent Amp should I use on mentioned seps? It should also accommodate a midrange SubWoof and good HU for future upgrades.

2.) If seps are already installed, those 2 speakers on the rear door will deactivate?

I think that's all for now. And yes tama ka, I should not listen or audition to other car sound system. I'm also a PC Enthusiast and I know what the upgrade itch means

Thanks,
    Battlestar

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlestar View Post
    Koboy - No worries sir di rin ako Audiophile, just want a decent sound on my car.

To start with, I have Ford Escape SUV. It has 4 speakers, both pair on front and rear doors and a pair of tweeter on the dashboard. I want to upgrade on separates, I heard Cadence ZRS is a good midrange setup and it comes with tweeters too. Questions are:

1.) What decent Amp should I use on mentioned seps? It should also accommodate a midrange SubWoof and good HU for future upgrades.

2.) If seps are already installed, those 2 speakers on the rear door will deactivate?

I think that's all for now. And yes tama ka, I should not listen or audition to other car sound system. I'm also a PC Enthusiast and I know what the upgrade itch means

Thanks,
    Battlestar
    Cadence...that's a pretty fine set of seps for your car, paps! Just choose the 6.5" two-way seps para alang masyadong modifications at swak dun sa space provided sa front doors ng iyong Ford Escape.

First thing first paps..up to how much do you intend to spend for your amp before I recommend one? (which I also believe a 4 channel amp is ideal for you since you're just starting)

Next.. here are the possible audio setups you can choose from.. First, are you going into SPL? the type of audio setup you hear occassionaly in the street where the subwoofer sound goes super gapang and thump-thump-thump in the outside hahaha Or do you intend to go into SQ -Sound Quality (just like I did)..as what I have explained to papi onapaola in my previous posts? Or L&C -Loud & Clear? meaning a mixture of both worlds?
    By the way, any of these setups will require subwoofer installation...ang alam ko medyo konti lang space sa likod ng Escape..just not sure kung may space para mag-install ng sub box sa ilalim ng passenger seats sa likod to accommodate an 8-inch or 10-inch sub (para di sya kumain ng space sa likod)....remember habang lumalaki ang size ng sub eh malaki rin ang requirement nya sa box.

Please take note also that you have to replace your existing "front" speakers in case you already have your Cadence seps. Meaning, the side speakers will be replaced by the Cadence Mids and so with your tweeters which will be replaced by the Cadence tweets.

Assuming you got your 4-channel amp, I would advise that you maintain your rear side speakers for the meantime you haven't decided yet what type of audio setup (SQ, SPL or L&C) you intend to have in your car....and have the 4-channel amp power both your seps and your rear speakers...medyo pakinggan mo muna lets say for a week...who nows baka ma-solved ka na sa tunog at ayaw mo na i-get rid yung rear speaks mo e di menos gastos ka pa...malaki rin kasi ang magiging difference sa sound experience mo once na na-install na yang seps at 4 channel amp mo...

Now pag sa tingin mo gusto mo pang mag-upgrade pero you cannot afford to allot an extra space for your sub..e you can still opt in changing your rear stock speakers na lang with a decent set of coaxials (or even another seps) of the same size...ang pagkakaalam ko 6.5 inch din ang size ng mga yan sa likod.

Pero kung marami kang moolah e meron dyan magagaling na installers na alam na diskartehan ang Ford Escape to conserve the space requirements for your sub in case you need one.. They can also do woodworks and leatherworks for you para super ganda ang audio setup mo paps.

HTH

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hi bro,

Thanks for the reply. I'm a big fan of Alternative and RnB type of genre. What Suitable to my taste? SPL or L&C?

Budget for Seps and Amp siguro 20-25k?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    sir, since muntinlupa ka naman, you may tryto go to KID AUDIO in binan laguna malapit lang sa pavilion mall sa unahan ng perpetual help hospital kung galing ka pacita complex or carmona exit. kumpleto set up dun at kilala yun sa sound set up

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    [quote=Kawawang Koboy;1555786]Naku sori paps ala akong kakilala nagse-setup sa vincinty niyo dyan eh..Taga Las Piñas at QC ang pinapagawan ko eh..

Pero eto mga alam ko reputable shops na malapit sa yo...ala pa ako experience sa kanila pero you can check them out if you like:

1. Blueprint: Seacom Compound, JG Sanvictores Road, Sucat, Paranaque (Tel # 2155904 & 2154463)

2. CARSHACK
    (Car Accessories, Car Tint, Car Audio, Searcover, Alarms, Bullbars... atbp.)
    Sucat Parañaque (right after SM Sucat same side)
    Jelmon Calacday
    (02) 820.7802
    (0920) 911.4061

3. Audiosplinter:

Pacita Ave, Pacita Complex 1, San Pedro Laguna
    Smart: 09391831631
    Globe: 09266897415

Sir, based on your post i can say you have a broad knowledge about sound set up. would you mind if i ask you where can I bring my xwind for SQL/L&C set up. My budget is 25k or can add a bit.hehehe!

Newbie here, appreciate to delete this post if this is out of the topic.TIA

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawawang Koboy View Post
    Naku sori paps ala akong kakilala nagse-setup sa vincinty niyo dyan eh..Taga Las Piñas at QC ang pinapagawan ko eh..

Pero eto mga alam ko reputable shops na malapit sa yo...ala pa ako experience sa kanila pero you can check them out if you like:

1. Blueprint: Seacom Compound, JG Sanvictores Road, Sucat, Paranaque (Tel # 2155904 & 2154463)

2. CARSHACK
    (Car Accessories, Car Tint, Car Audio, Searcover, Alarms, Bullbars... atbp.)
    Sucat Parañaque (right after SM Sucat same side)
    Jelmon Calacday
    (02) 820.7802
    (0920) 911.4061

3. Audiosplinter:

Pacita Ave, Pacita Complex 1, San Pedro Laguna
    Smart: 09391831631
    Globe: 09266897415
    YM: jawskal1
    sir koboy, sino po ang kakilala niyo sa Audiosplinter? gusto ko kasi pa set-up yung sasakyan ko in dahan-dahan mode, ala kasi malaking moolah.
    - unang dahan dahan - to replace my front speakers to be powered by 4ch amp
    - pangalawang dahan dahan - to replace my HU
    - pangatlong dahan dahan - to replace my 2nd row speakers
    - pang apat na dahan dahan - 10" sub (optional)
    low budget lang po ako. my only direction is to have a better sound than the stock. Leaning toward SQ/LnC.

please recommend brands on my set-up. Malaming tsalamat po sir koboy...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    sir koboy, will below system be a good basic SQ set-up?
    Amp: Powerbass ASA600.4
    Seps: Firland EV602 (then later move to rear seat doors when add'l budget is raised for a Cadence ZRS-6K)
    Sub: 1pc Powerbass PS10 (will install together with Cadence ZRS-6K)

i plan to retain my JVC KD-BT22 unit. i estimate all to be within the range of 20k. will this work sir koboy? appreciate your inputs.

thanks in advance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
guys i need your suggestions on building a sound system