New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    The DC Audio 120.4 would set you back around 11.9k SRP.

Where's your location? I could recommend you to a nearby shop that sells them.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Wow thats borderline! well if it is worth buying just like you said, that can be worked out.. I'm from Manila area also so there's no problem looking where to go. Place like Banawe maybe a good place to go, but which one? Atleast now I know the price of that amplifier and thanks for the info. It is always happens that when you want to buy something and you got no idea, they will overprice the item...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Dawg Audio, Maspro, Ginza, and Candyshop in Banawe sells them if memory serves right.

While you're at there, it might also be beneficial to ask for their opinions on amplifier choices at your budget range. You can also go to Perfect Circle since they're the authorized distributor of JBL car audio products in the country.

If you're looking at a more SQ-worthy amplifier, ask Candyshop's Nogz to check the Domination Atoms. You can buy two of these in your budget and run your setup full-active or a you can bridge it to form 150W. Of course, the setback with two amplifiers is that you need twice the needed wires ;)

If you go check amplifiers from the likes of DLS, you'd notice that their power ratings are significantly less than those of, let's say Sundown Audio. This is because these amplifiers stress the need for clean power hence we often coin them as "SQ amplifier". They're characterized by having better signal to noise ratios and some other mumbo-jumbo specifications that say that they output power free from distortion in a nutshell.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Thanks again for the nice advice! I've checked the location of the shops last night through the internet, I'll go to Banawe's Candyshop, Ginza etc., since it's the nearest one from my location. Now I got the good idea about the SQ amps and the LnC amps which before I used to think why the amplifiers of lesser power of a branded one cost more than most of the time than those with higher power ratings. I'll check the shops by next month.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Good Quality Amp for under 12k