New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ok, eto, i have 4 speakers all in all ung nasa dash stock i think ng 190E, then ung previous owner pnalitan ung rear deck speakers ng JBL decade t59 something forgot bsta ung rating nya 35hz-20,000hz 150W rating input, HU ko 50x4, any suggestions? amp pa ba? sorry im not a sound system person, gus2 ko lang claro sounds not necessarily a lot of bass, thanx!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by estranged1422 View Post
    ok, eto, i have 4 speakers all in all ung nasa dash stock i think ng 190E, then ung previous owner pnalitan ung rear deck speakers ng JBL decade t59 something forgot bsta ung rating nya 35hz-20,000hz 150W rating input, HU ko 50x4, any suggestions? amp pa ba? sorry im not a sound system person, gus2 ko lang claro sounds not necessarily a lot of bass, thanx!
    What about installing booster equalizer. You can boost your choices of frequencies.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by busy road View Post
    What about installing booster equalizer. You can boost your choices of frequencies.
    I discourage you to use booster equalizer. It has a higher distortion rating. In most cases, your head unit has a much cleaner sound compared to booster equalizer amp. Baka ang true power rating ng head unit mo mas higher pa compared sa amp rating ng booster equalizer it would then become redundant.

For a much cleaner sound, I suggest you get a an amplifier and a subwoofer. Reduced bass settings on the HU to emphasize cleaner midrange and treble on the 4 main speakers. Adjust your subwoofer volume level and filtering to blend with your speakers system according to your taste. Kung medyo nahirapan ka kung paano mag blend, ask help from someone whom you know as an audiophile. They have much deeper knowledge on how to listen and assess a good sounding system.

This will improve sound quality in your system at a minimum cost.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    advisable ba ung mga subwoofer na may amp na na kasama like the ones from blaupunkt? and how powerful shud the subwoofer be? ayoko ng sobrng boom boom na sounds bsta clear lang and kuha ung full range ng sound from high to low pitch at clear. tnx!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I'm sorry I haven't tried using those subwoofer with built-in amps. To be sure, however, na ok ang effect ask the dealer kung pwede test sa car nyo. Iba kase ang nasa actual environment kesa display area or sa counter lang e test eh.

Considering that mas gusto nyo yung balanced, clean and clear sound and not the boom boom sound, I think a 150 watts rms amp for the sub is enough for your bass enhancement needs. Kung isipin, you're only confined to a small room which is your car cabin as compared to a living room, so you don't need excess power. Try also to consider the size of the subwoofer driver - at least 10 inch dia.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    since the car is a merc, you need a strong sub for the bass to be really heard and felt inside the cabin.

the JBL decade t95 yata model is a good speaker during its time, gives good bass for the kind of speaker 6x9? suggestion ko is to buy a 4 ch amp v12 para mura and then change the front speakers to a better one preferably seperates then you can hear the difference.

full range speakers, and front speakers with a HU with a 50x4 output