New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Hi guys! Just want to ask, do you turn off your car stereo before starting your engine? Wala naman akong amplifier, just the stock car stereo. What's the long term effect(on the head unit, or anywhere else) of not turning it off when staring the engine, if any?

I usually turn it off, but medyo mabusisi. Pag di ko naman pinatay, may gap when the power switches from battery to the car's power.
    Last edited by swordsman; November 12th, 2008 at 12:57 PM. Reason: typo

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi na. hindi ko na din sya pinapatay before stopping the engine. pag start ko naman, namamatay sya magisa and comes back after one second.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    diba nakakasira nang radio yun?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    1D4LV, wala ka naman napapansin pagbabago sa head unit mo? i.e. display, etc. My head unit is Pioneer 8650, not sure anong effect pag ginawa kung ganun, walang patayan.

_Qwerty, may naririnig akong nakakasira, may iba din nagsasabi wala naman epekto. Walang definite proof pa akong nakikita, either based on experience ng other people or sa Myth Busters

di ko lang alam gaano kalakas ng kuryente pumapasok sa head unit during transition from battery to car's current.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ang alam ko may time delay naman pagON ng HU. parang giving it time to start the car.

pero for safety na lang turn it off before shutting of the engine.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    1D4LV, wala ka naman napapansin pagbabago sa head unit mo? i.e. display, etc. My head unit is Pioneer 8650, not sure anong effect pag ginawa kung ganun, walang patayan.

_Qwerty, may naririnig akong nakakasira, may iba din nagsasabi wala naman epekto. Walang definite proof pa akong nakikita, either based on experience ng other people or sa Myth Busters

di ko lang alam gaano kalakas ng kuryente pumapasok sa head unit during transition from battery to car's current.
    wala naman. i've been doing this practice on my HU for the past 7 years.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I usually turn it off better safe then sorry

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I leave mine on the only thing I turn off before shut down is the A/C. My head unit is factory stock Rockford Fosgate with amplifier.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Good question.

I turn off the HU and any other electronic device whenever I start.

Better safe than sorry

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hello po! According to my Audio Guru, meron ibang bagong HU units hindi na kailangan nakasara or naka-off pag nag start ang kotse. Kaya lang ang mas importante daw is to LOWER THE VOLUME OF THE SPEAKERS BEFORE TURNING OF THE CAR ENGINE to lower the stress on your audio system and the car electronics, if you forget to turn in off.

Pero tama rin si Sir MR, mas maganda siguro kung turn off na lang natin ang mga electronic gadgets para safe than sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    Hi guys! Just want to ask, do you turn off your car stereo before starting your engine? Wala naman akong amplifier, just the stock car stereo. What's the long term effect(on the stereo, of anywhere else) of not turning it off when staring the engine, if any?

I usually turn it off, but medyo mabusisi. Pag di ko naman pinatay, may gap when the power switches from battery to the car's power.
    Last edited by LadyRider; November 12th, 2008 at 12:39 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Do you turn off the radio when starting the engine?