New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    A reputable store here in Cebu told me that the classic DLS separates (the one without the cross-over) is good even without installing any amp? Is this true? In fact, he said that such DLS separates is better than the JBL seps with the cross-over. Is he correct?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Some separates can be powered from HU, most HU has 50Wx4 HI-output and it is enough to let some separates to sound good.

Separates usually comes with cross over to let only HI freq to tweeter and MB freq to Mid Bass speaker.

Im wondering how will you wire a separates without na cross over? the only way is full active, is your HU capable of full active? if you are just new on the sound setup advisable is to go passive (with crossover) otherwise if you make a mistake on cutoff frequencies toasted speaker mo. I still advise to have the amp to power the seps, power it right to let it shine..

JBL vs DLS on separates go with the DLS sir, no pun intended to JBL users

Ingat sa fakes go to reputable and authorize dealers installer HTH

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    If you dont have a Quality HU/amplifier you are just wasting your money with DLS(most distributor will try to convince customers to get thier products because its been setting there for ages..) for me it all starts from or I'll get best quality Head Unit then Wiring (proper size and aim always for best quality cables) And then Quality amps I'll search for my speakers (fronts/Sub) last.. 'Coz expensive speakers will still sound bad/crap..Ive heard lots of set-ups they have the same expensive speakers and taste of music but the quality and clarity were different dahil sa equipment na ginagamit nila..And just because they have branded Speakers (and Huge speaker brand stickers on the windshield)akala mo maganda na pakinggan..

PM me kung may panahon ka..pakinggan mo yong aking Brod's set-up para may Idea ka at ma-ecompare mo rin sa iba..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    A reputable store here in Cebu told me that the classic DLS separates (the one without the cross-over) is good even without installing any amp? Is this true? In fact, he said that such DLS separates is better than the JBL seps with the cross-over. Is he correct?
    DLS seps are good even if powered by HU only. But, it will sound better if powered by an amplifier.

DLS seps good even without amps?