New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys, patanong.

I plan to buy an in dash DVD monitor. Ano ba pros and cons of having one?

The unit I'm planning to buy is a TL 7" monitor with TV tuner. Ok ba ito or mas ok ang AVT?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PROS: you can watch dvds (duh? )
    CONS: distraction, especially if you're the driver

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Pro's: :cool:
    Con's: :eviltongu , baka mag kainteres ang mga bad people

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    pros: Pogi points sa chiqs
    cons: ang mahal

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehehe.

Given na yun pogi points at watching DVD.

I just found out that you could attach a camera to it to assist you in backing up in tight spaces.

Ano mas ok, TL or AVT?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Para sankin ok ung avt ksi may avt ako im-933 so far ok naman at hinde rin sya namimili ng cd at maganda resolutio nung lcd nya wala sinabi ung mga indash na neckvox ewan ko lng ung tl kasi hinde ko alam un ehh!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I have a portable dvd player. I used to attach that do my dashboard n turn it on when pl are in the car so that they don't get bored. I hooked it up to the car stereo. Of course, when leaving the car, I stow it in my secret compartment..(glove compartment heheh).

For me, it was ok. But after a while, I got bored of it, because unless ur in traffic..u never really got to watch movies in the car. But waiting for my brother in the car..or waiting for my mom while she's at the SM grocery isnt so boring anymore since I just pop in a dvd. Overall, i never used it as much, I prefer listening to music while driving, instead of having Spiderman 2 playing on my dvd player. I took it out after 2 weeks, but I bring it along when I know for sure that I"m going to have to wait on somebody...such as the airport.. picking up my younger brother from school... taking my mom grocery shopping.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    To be strict about it, dapat for passengers lang yan, so you're actually buying it for passengers, not the driver. Unless nga, naka-tigil at naghihintay, in which case, sayang naman gasolina.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I want one for my son sa backseat... Pero I want one with tuner pag NBA Playoffs/Finals hehehe

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    important is ask for warranty.

In dash monitor - pros and cons