New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tsikotshop View Post
    so you imagined now if you used these output to the 3&4 channels of your amp, what would be the output? Syempre, mono pa rin, no left in right issue..
    So it's MONO and not STEREO as your first suggestion na "you can use it in stereo mode".

Btw whizkidd, ano pala headunit mo? Agree with bigpapa, putukin yang MRV-1507, mas stable pa yung MRV-805. for the meantime use it, then ipon ka konti to get a decent amp na stable sa 2ohm when bridged, around 5K, ayus na ayus na yun (benta mo 1507 ng 2K, ipon ka 3K).

If I we're you, I'd rather run my sub in parallel (8ohm) then bridge the AMP's channel 3 and 4. Dunno how the MRV-1507's wiring goes but usually, positive of channel 3, negative of channel 4 to have a bridged output. No more Y splitter. With this setup, you won't sacrifice any of your equipment, just the sould quality (less bass).

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotonista View Post
    So it's MONO and not STEREO as your first suggestion na "you can use it in stereo mode".

Btw whizkidd, ano pala headunit mo? Agree with bigpapa, putukin yang MRV-1507, mas stable pa yung MRV-805. for the meantime use it, then ipon ka konti to get a decent amp na stable sa 2ohm when bridged, around 5K, ayus na ayus na yun (benta mo 1507 ng 2K, ipon ka 3K).

If I we're you, I'd rather run my sub in parallel (8ohm) then bridge the AMP's channel 3 and 4. Dunno how the MRV-1507's wiring goes but usually, positive of channel 3, negative of channel 4 to have a bridged output. No more Y splitter. With this setup, you won't sacrifice any of your equipment, just the sould quality (less bass).
    Agree ako kay sir Fotonista. If you chance upon a really old-stock V12 MRV-????, buy it! Specially the first version of V12's. They're the silver gray amps with a blue band on the bottom portion and the x-over section is in front covered by a plate w/ a small window showing the knobs. A lot of these came out but you can spot the "Good" version from the rest by the thickness of the heatsink. It's way thicker.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpapa View Post
    IMHO, You can try wiring the coils in series to make 8ohms. This way, you use both coils of your sub and both channels of the amp (bridged) as well. Bitin nga lang bass pa rin pero at least walang nabakante na coil/channel and you won't fry your amp.
    I don't know but bridging two channels theoretically doubles the power and not the resistance though many amplifiers support variable impedance values. I think it would be best to go back to what the amplifier can support. If it tells 2ohms (bridged) then powering the sub wired in series (producing 8ohms) could eventually result to the amplifier in protection mode.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by doomz View Post
    I don't know but bridging two channels theoretically doubles the power and not the resistance though many amplifiers support variable impedance values. I think it would be best to go back to what the amplifier can support. If it tells 2ohms (bridged) then powering the sub wired in series (producing 8ohms) could eventually result to the amplifier in protection mode.
    Only the lowest impedance that the amplifier can handle should be your concern.
    Having a 8ohm load impedance compared to 2ohms will be easier on the amplifier and not the other way around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
CVR12 and x12 mrv-1507