New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005
    hello, good day sirs my ride is a assembled wrangler, my current set-up is 1 jbl 4 channel amp, 1 12 kicker es sub pioneer hu and tweeters up front. Ive been reading various threads ive noticed many of you are using component speakers (2 mid range and tweeters) with out 3way speakers. i was wondering if this set up is better than coaxial set-up? I was thinking of removing my 2 3way speakers and putting in a component speaker system, i could put the 2 midrange speakers in the door..since its an assembled vehicle i could get pods fabricated for the doors to accomodate the midrange speakers and the tweeters on the dash.Would appreciate your inputs with regards of this set up..thanks guys more power.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowjip View Post
    hello, good day sirs my ride is a assembled wrangler, my current set-up is 1 jbl 4 channel amp, 1 12 kicker es sub pioneer hu and tweeters up front. Ive been reading various threads ive noticed many of you are using component speakers (2 mid range and tweeters) with out 3way speakers. i was wondering if this set up is better than coaxial set-up? I was thinking of removing my 2 3way speakers and putting in a component speaker system, i could put the 2 midrange speakers in the door..since its an assembled vehicle i could get pods fabricated for the doors to accomodate the midrange speakers and the tweeters on the dash.Would appreciate your inputs with regards of this set up..thanks guys more power.
    ok yung component sir kung SQ gusto mo. tapos palagyan mo ng deadening materials yung sa may engine para mabawasan yung ingay na naririnig mo.

kung boom boom car gusto mo, ok naman ang mga coaxial.

nagmamarunong,

robot.sonic

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    agree, component/separates systems are much better than coaxial s in terms of sound-staging sa loob ng kotse, dahil mas mai-focus mo yung highs(tweeters) sa listening position mo(your ears) which is crucial para makuha mo yung the best imaging/sound-staging.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    SQ or SPL setup, I still believe (and still very biased) that separates are still better over coaxials. Noticing the change of audio systems from majorly coaxial from the pre-2000 to majorly components post-2000 is somewhat a testament to it.

component or coxial speakers?