New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    I want to upgrade my civic's (2009 model) speakers. And I want to retain the headunit and just replace the door and rear speakers, are 4 way speakers recommended? And if so what brand to get? Budget speakers only please

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cmmp View Post
    I want to upgrade my civic's (2009 model) speakers. And I want to retain the headunit and just replace the door and rear speakers, are 4 way speakers recommended? And if so what brand to get? Budget speakers only please

Go with a separates set. No need yung rear doors. Buhos nyo lahat ng budget nyo sa front doors.

Polk DB6502?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    How much is the Polk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Go with separates but I suggest you get those which has high sensitivity since you will be using your stock head unit to power such speakers. Most separates need to be powered by an external amplifier to optimize its sound capabilities. If you're going to a powered setup, a properly-tuned 4-channel amplifier with a set of separates and a subwoofer will make wonders in your audio setup.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How much is the Polk

Maybe around 10k. There are other good separates for the same price. Just check out Mickey's site.

Mickey's Autosound | Because we love car audio

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Targa has cheap speakers pero they have high rms and lower sensitivity so you wont appreciate its performance if HU lang gamit mo. Nakamichi and TEAC has some cheap entry level with low rms. Or JBL for low rms with high sensitivity entry level component speakers.
    Check mo Mickey's website so may baseline ka sa mga prices. Or indicate how much are you willing to spend so the guys here can point you in a direction.
    +1 din ako na wag muna muna gastosan yung rear fills mo. Get a good entry 2way component speakers a entry level amps. Or deaden your doors.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Great suggestions, but budget is a bit tight maybe max is 5k. Someone suggested Kicker CS Series...is the css654 ok? Read good reviews from crutchfield website. Will this be ok without an amplifier

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Great suggestions, but budget is a bit tight maybe max is 5k. Someone suggested Kicker CS Series...is the css654 ok? Read good reviews from crutchfield website. Will this be ok without an amplifier

Usually any aftermarket speaker will sound better kesa stock. But IMO the power of your head will not give justice to that kicker seps. Yan ba yung 100wrms? Try looking for speakers that is 75-150% of your HU's power(rms). Most stock HU just pumps out only 30-40watts.