New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hello all. My first post.

I've been browsing around since I plan to purchase a new SUV (narrowed it down to the 2010 CRV or the 2010 Tucson .. another story on this ).

Anyway, I may have made an impulse buy during a recent trip and purchased a China made HU .. had all the trimmings .. ipod ready .. bluetooth .. rear camera .. GPS etc.

After purchasing and browsing the forums here ... seems that I have made a mistake in buying the China made HU. Seems the posts others made against these HU's are "you get what you pay for .."

So I guess the question is ... is there really a difference in 1) audio quality .. assuming I have Rockford Fosgate Amps ... J/L Subs/speakers .. di ba madadala ng amps and speaker ko pag pangit Head Unit?

2) video quality : the Chinese HU boasts of 800x480 pixels . which is at par with the branded HU's.

Di ba sa China rin naman ginagawa ang most branded HU's.

Any of you guys have these China HU's installed in your vehicle? Kamusta ang performance?

Thanks. Any feedback would most appreciated.

Jay

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    just my two cents.

the foundation of any good audio setup is a good headunit. ive setup my car twice and i always make sure the HU is a good model, without sacrificing my bank book hehehe

you have a great set with your RF amps and JL seps/subs. definitely something you can show off. and a great headunit would definitely complete the package.

but if you dont care much about showing off and being concerned about brands, maybe you can use your China HU until magsawa ka.

sorry i cant say much about the quality as i have no previous experience with these HUs.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    hi morrissey ..

thank you sir for your response .. no .. im not really into porma but more of performance ..

i guess i just want to know if quality wise (bayo ng speakers .. clarity .. etc) .. the China HU's are at par with the Kenwoods .. Alpines .. JVCs .. Pioneers

kasi kung parehas lang naman performance .. id go with the China one .. kasi more than 60% off ang presyo eh ...

thanks again!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Well, the problems I heard with those generic 2-DINs is that, they have poor sound quality to start with, practically no shielding and filtering (you'll hear all sorts of engine whine, hums and pops through your speakers), made of flimsy materials, and practically no online or after sales support.

I would go against buying it. All those good amps and speakers won't hide the flaws and make the sound any better. All it'll do is make everything louder (including the whine, hum and popping noises).

"Polish a Turd, It's Still a Turd" ;)

About comparing the branded ones that were also made in China, there's a BIG difference. At least the factories that make them are forced to comply with the agreed parts and manufacturing standards or they will fail their quality control test and won't get paid. A contract is a contract.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    i've had 2 China HUs...those HUs na may built-in 3.5-4" monitor...1st one: ilang days pa lang nabali yung nagsusupport ng faceplate..not sure how...pwede pa sana maayos pero dahil sa sobrang badtrip ko kinalikot ko ng kinalikot hanggang sa tuluyang nasira ...2nd HU: after a year, nagloko na...at first automatic na nagpapalit ng mode: from DVD, lilipat ng radio, etc..then after ilang weeks totally ayaw na mag on...

video quality is good, BT functionality ok din but i can't comment on the sound quality dahil never pa ako nagkaroon ng magandang HU sa car ko...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    As long as the DSP of the China H.U. is the same as those branded H.U.s then i guess okay lang bumili ng China H.U.

Same goes with the screen, as long as the LCD of the China H.U. produces the same screen resolution as the branded H.U.s then okay lang bumili ulit ng China.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hi,

Thank you all for your replies.

Looks like I'm getting an Alpine 505 then ...

Hirap yung sakit ng ulo ...

And sayang naman kung ok ang ampli and speaker set up kung di mama maximize yung ganda nung tunog.

Maraming salamat ulit !

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    http://www.autodvdgps.com you might get important details on that site

China Made HU's vs Branded HU's