New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hi,

Noob here...

Ok yan...i've been using this set up for years.

1. The best is the Creative CD-ROM 48X IR (infrared) . This will not skip and the output is very clean and you have a remote pa but i dont think Creative is still producing them. When i say clean , it may sound better than stock headunits using LOC. Unfortunately, the 48X were replaced with the 52X Digital IR. Downside of the new model is the remote features already needs software. Meaning you wont be able to use the remote without a PC however the manual controls are still usable.

2. You need to power the CD-ROM with 12V and 5V. Would suggest you also use a 7812 IC on the 12V para regulated ang power supply.

3. Convert the line out behind the CD-ROM to RCA. The easiest way is to use the line out cable that comes with it. Using a casset adapter is no good since it will degrade the quality.

4. Would highly suggest that you use a pre-amp. I think marami sa raon. The one with a parametric or graphic equalizer. Yung iba have sub controls and xover. The purpose of this is to boost the signal going to the amplifier para mababa lang ang gain settings ng amp. The CD-ROM output kasi is only in milli volts. This will also give you more control kasi may mga volume knobs ka na If possible , get the models with two line inputs para if may mp3 player ka, you could hook it up too. Switch ka nalang between CD-ROM or MP3. I already tried comparing sound quality between CD Audio played on CD-ROM and MP3 Player. Both were Creative and the CD-ROMs sounds better.

5. Yes, you can opt to have no HU (this is my setup) . You'll just have to find another way to power your amp since CD-ROM have no remote power.

Hope this helps.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    while we are at it, i'd like to ask, is it possible to make an ordinary cd-rom (or even a dvd-rom) play dvd and mp3 and mp4 so that it can be used as an in-car entertainment system? if its possible what hardware should be attached to it?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Cd Rom Drive As H.u.