New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    Got the USB Dongle yesterday. Doesn’t work. In the process of returning the defective unit.

Xotigu, can u take a picture of the usb dongle connected to your HU?

Followed the instructions naman. Tried to uninstall and reinstall the apk, Changed cables, even tried on another car with an android head unit.

Undecided whether i want to buy another one.

Here is the link for the usb dongle i bought

https://s.lazada.com.ph/s.2Jsc
    I already posted the link previously but you bought a different one
    And yeah that's exactly the first one that I ordered and eventually returned it since it's not working.
    Mine was in a box complete with leaflets, and slightly fatter dongle, I'll post another round of pic/videos if I'm not busy this weekend.
    Anyways, not sure what is your headunit but if you need the wince apk(just to test), I'll upload it in gdrive.

Below is a chart for compatibility:
    I believe AVT brand(which most cars here in PH use) have the Autochips MTxx series

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Xotigu View Post
    I already posted the link previously but you bought a different one
    And yeah that's exactly the first one that I ordered and eventually returned it since it's not working.
    Mine was in a box complete with leaflets, and slightly fatter dongle, I'll post another round of pic/videos if I'm not busy this weekend.
    Anyways, not sure what is your headunit but if you need the wince apk(just to test), I'll upload it in gdrive.

Below is a chart for compatibility:
    Ahahaha sorry bro classic case of not paying attention. Dasaita ang head unit ko. Android 7.0

Last night i realized apple car play was disabled on my iphone so i enabled it. Nabuhayan pa ako ng loob. When i tried it again this morning, still the same.

Already processing the return of this item and will buy the one you posted.

Last night i realized apple car play was disabled on my iphone so i enabled it. Nabuhayan pa ako ng loob. When i tried it again this morning, still the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Update: Got the USB Dongle today!

Item came with a box and had clear instructions unlike the first one which was a rip-off. Dongle was indeed bigger as said by Xotigu. And there was a pilot light below the usb port.

Installed the apk i downloaded from their server.

Tested phone, spotify & waze. All apps are working normal. Later i will do further tests while on the road.

By the way, Head unit is running Android 4.4..dont know the brand because this came with the car when we bought it. I will test again later on our other car with a Dasaita Head unit running Android 7.0

Last edited by benchph1; November 26th, 2018 at 07:07 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Tried the dongle on the other car. This time with the Dasaita running Android 7.0..

So far so good.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Hi, i think we have the same unit but i cant get the apk to auto install on the hu. Can you share the link .exe of the apk?

TIA :-)

Answering my own thread
    Yep, finally got my WINCE Head Unit to be carplay ready with this USB Dongle (bought it from lazada).

I just replaced my navi sd card with a .exe(apk) for the head unit to recognize the usb dongle.
    By using this technique, I was able to shell out only P2.8k as oppose to buying a Pioneer head unit which costs P20k(or more) and still got warranty for my car

6. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by kenshinx View Post
    Hi, i think we have the same unit but i cant get the apk to auto install on the hu. Can you share the link .exe of the apk?

TIA :-)
    PM me your email, i'll send it later when I get back home.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    PM me your email, i'll send it later when I get back home.
    Hello, i bought the dongle but can find the .exe for my wince HU, can someone email it to me: gstvplmq*hotmail.com

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Anyone wants an Apple Car Play/Android Auto HU dongle, i’m selling mine. Seldom used.

Reason for selling: Going abroad, will not need the dongle anymore.

Bought it at Lazada for 2.5k, selling for 2k na lang plus shipping to you.

Item is in good condition still with the plastic covers. No more box.

9. Join Date
    May 2014

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Answering my own thread
    Yep, finally got my WINCE Head Unit to be carplay ready with this USB Dongle (bought it from lazada).

I just replaced my navi sd card with a .exe(apk) for the head unit to recognize the usb dongle.
    By using this technique, I was able to shell out only P2.8k as oppose to buying a Pioneer head unit which costs P20k(or more) and still got warranty for my car

I'm trying to use this dongle on my Montero Gen 3. I believe the AVT head unit is running WinCE. I already have the .exe file downloaded. Do I just put the extracted files in an SD card and insert the SD card to where the Navi SDcard is? I'm confused as to how I can get the head unit to recognize the .exe file. Hope you can help.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Carplay/Android Auto Dongle