New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    A good long term option would be to upgrade your head unit to a new one with a front mounted "AUX" port & plays MP3 CDs as well. Some car audio shops do accept trade-in deals which can dramatically lower the price of the new head unit as well.
    Nothing Beats this Option.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ^^ get the one with aux in at the back, para hindi messy tingnan auto mo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    like ghosthunter said, go digital with the aux input. the fm transmitter and cassette tape versions have notoriously poor sound quality.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tph View Post
    ^^ get the one with aux in at the back, para hindi messy tingnan auto mo.
    My question is kinda stupid but if the aux in is at the back, then how will you connect the ipod since the HU fits perfectly in the dash?

I have a Pioneer DEH P5450. The HU only plays CDs. No aux in and no casette. I don't know if it has aux in at the back.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If Aux in is at the back, you run a eire from it to the front. Keep the wire hidden when not in use. Bought mine in ace hardware, forgot how much. Used to be hidden under the floor mat. Now permanently connected to the dvd player.

Not familiar with your HU. If you dont have aux in, you can buy a wireless FM modulator from cdr king. Sound quality will be similar to FM station reception.

http://www.cdrking.com/local/product...or/Transmitter
    Last edited by userfriendly; March 4th, 2008 at 10:20 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I was told that my HU is cd changer ready. Does that mean it has an aux in? Also, do you have any idea of how much it will cost me if I ask someone to do the wiring of aux in for me? Thanks

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Re: MP3 FM modulator... kailangan pa bang hugutin (unplug) ito after you pull out the ignition key? kasi i do practice it everytime i plug in my 2-month old FM modulator inaalala ko kasi baka madischarge ang battery although alam kong switched off na ang HU

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I was told that my HU is cd changer ready. Does that mean it has an aux in? Also, do you have any idea of how much it will cost me if I ask someone to do the wiring of aux in for me? Thanks
    1. No. Cd changer and aux in are different. They are physically different. Aux in looks like a jack or small mic or earphone plug. Cd changer uses a socket that looks like the old plug for keyboards, a lot bigger though.
    2. No idea. If you buy the wire from them, they might install it for free. If not maybe 100 pesos.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    Re: MP3 FM modulator... kailangan pa bang hugutin (unplug) ito after you pull out the ignition key? kasi i do practice it everytime i plug in my 2-month old FM modulator inaalala ko kasi baka madischarge ang battery although alam kong switched off na ang HU
    wont hurt. di pa kita so less temptation sa nakaw.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Can I install an MP3 player to an ordinary HU?