New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    pwede, straight Targa /or dagdag konti for JBL seps and sub powered by V12 amp.

Jeff Tan and C3 both also in Banawe. Or you can drop by at Raon Quiapo, then pa-install mo na lang. Mas matipid.

sorry, Jeff Tan or Araneta Car Accessories is along Araneta Ave near SM Centerpoint and Big Berts. he accepts text inquiry. cel no 0917-855-6751

C3 in Banawe - tel # 711-6994 / 732-3612

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Get a full range speaker's 61/2 on the front 6x9 on the rear. Choose an speaker's w/ high Sensitivity (dB)....ex 94 on the sensitivity (dB) rating rating it will play louder on your stock H.U w/o external amplifier, this is ideal for your stock.

Also make sure that the speaker's RMS power range (watts) start at 2 RMS, this is "important" if youre not using an amplifier using only the stock H.U or distortion are present if you dont follow this, you are not going to happy the result.

Example of speakers power range:

2-25 RMS power range(watts)
    2-30
    2-35
    2-40
    2-45
    2-50 and so on, will do for your stock H.U.

If the speakers RMS power range (watts)start at:

4-30 RMS power range(watts)
    4-35
    4-40
    4-45
    4-50 and so on or,
    6 and so on
    8 and so on
    10 and so on, do not use this.

Your H.U are too weak to pushed this speaker's. You'll need an amplifier to run this speaker's. Pay especially close attention to this specification to avoid common mistake's.

Good luck!
    I just read this thread. I also want to change only the speakers and not the HU or its orig wirings and dont want to install amplifiers. My questions are:
    1. What is the present RMS sa stock speakers?
    2. Do I get it right that the RMS of the new speakers should start at 2 RMS and not 4 RMS or higher?
    3. What brand do you recommend? I saw a JBL brand at CFG Cebu, the price is around 2k, is that ok na?
    4. What are separates?
    5. I also saw products consisting of two speakers with two tweeters and a small box connected to them. When I will install this kind, where will this small box be placed? Hopefully not in any visble place inside the car.
    6. For the rear speakers, I want to install 6 x 9 speakers. In my Innova, the rear speakers are rounded ones. Can I still have the 6 x 9 speakers?
    7. How much should I expect to budget for these?

Thanks in advance and merry christmas...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    attyallanlatras
    1.the innova's stock speakers (same as most stock speakers) are rated at 20-25 watts
    2 &3. dont know the answers to these hehehe
    4. separates are speakers wherein the tweeter is "separate" from the mid range/midbass (like in your home hifi speakers), most stock speakers have the tweeter connected to the midrange/mibass and are called coaxials.
    5. the speakers you saw are called separates, separates are usually ideal for better sound quality, the tweeters are mounted on the pillars or at both ends of the dashboard and the midrange/midbass on the stock factory locations at both front doors. the box is called a crossover, crossovers are essential for separates as it "separates" the higher frequencies and feeds them to the tweeter and the lower frequencies to the midrange/midbass. crossovers are usually mounted behind the glove box or inside the doors if space permits.
    6. Innova's come with 6.5 inch round speakers for both the front and rear doors so installing a 6x9 in the rear doors would entail a customizing job, and the size of the magnet of the 6x9 speaker probably wont fit the cramp space behind the doors. most people who sets up their cars usually leave the rear speakers alone.
    7. good sounding separates can range from 1.5k (entry levels) to sky's the limit. but for around 3k or so you can have a decent sounding seps

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks your reply is very informative to me a newbie. What speaker brands sized 6.5 do you recommend? Regarding the separates, is there a need for rewiring? As much as possible I want to retain the original wires to avoid any complications on warranty.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    Thanks your reply is very informative to me a newbie. What speaker brands sized 6.5 do you recommend? Regarding the separates, is there a need for rewiring? As much as possible I want to retain the original wires to avoid any complications on warranty.
    i would suggest you replace the innova stock HU first, the stock Hu sounds pretty crappy in my opinion. try this route first before replacing your stock speakers, i retained my stock speakers in my innova and just replaced the hu with a 2 din touchscreen, the sound improved a bit. if you still want to replace the speakers, an amp is almost a necessity since the factory head unit cannot power an aftermarket speaker properly.and any sound improvement will be pretty minimal (relative to the cost).

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Get a full range speaker's 61/2 on the front 6x9 on the rear. Choose an speaker's w/ high Sensitivity (dB)....ex 94 on the sensitivity (dB) rating rating it will play louder on your stock H.U w/o external amplifier, this is ideal for your stock.

Also make sure that the speaker's RMS power range (watts) start at 2 RMS, this is "important" if youre not using an amplifier using only the stock H.U or distortion are present if you dont follow this, you are not going to happy the result.

Example of speakers power range:

2-25 RMS power range(watts)
    2-30
    2-35
    2-40
    2-45
    2-50 and so on, will do for your stock H.U.

If the speakers RMS power range (watts)start at:

4-30 RMS power range(watts)
    4-35
    4-40
    4-45
    4-50 and so on or,
    6 and so on
    8 and so on
    10 and so on, do not use this.

Your H.U are too weak to pushed this speaker's. You'll need an amplifier to run this speaker's. Pay especially close attention to this specification to avoid common mistake's.

Good luck!
    Hi there! My stock HU says it can handle 50Wx4 Max power and 22Wx4 RMS. Does that mean that I can only get up to 2-25W RMS speakers to maximize my HU?

I just want to replace the stock speakers and get better SQ but avoid spending on speakers that my HU can't really drive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Best Speaker for Stock HU