New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    bro, maybe your expecting too much from your budget setup, don't overdrive your amps baka masira lang. Your amp, the V12 705, isn't a power amplifier (trust me here). If your really serious about SPL consider getting Class D amps (mono amps designed to power subs), these babies deliver serious power (depending on the model) and is more efficient. Ofcourse with more power, you will stressing your charging system more so its a balancing act.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    di naman siguro bro... i have used one 12" before, dinig na dinig sa labas eh. i think it would have to do with the amp setting.
    hmm sa bagay..dapat pinalaki nalang ung box and 2 12" subs napasok instead of one..most of the time kasi mga naka 1 sub setup is for interior bass lang..bonus na ung malakas sa labas

or 1 15"..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    bro, maybe your expecting too much from your budget setup, don't overdrive your amps baka masira lang. Your amp, the V12 705, isn't a power amplifier (trust me here). If your really serious about SPL consider getting Class D amps (mono amps designed to power subs), these babies deliver serious power (depending on the model) and is more efficient. Ofcourse with more power, you will stressing your charging system more so its a balancing act.
    I guess to give you guys an idea of what brought this on... I stood right outside the driver's side window and tried to listen to it, and parang hind naka subs yung tunog. Pero if you're in the car, ok naman.

I just wondered why this was the case. Kanina as suggested I tried stepping a few feet away instead, and dinig naman yung bayo.

Right now upgrading is out of the question, mga 2 weeks pa lang nga yung system ko e. Pero of course pag inabot na'ko ng upgrade bug, ewan ko na lang.

Its not in the # of subs, its all in the installation, and ofcourse it component matching.

I'm sure you guys went to the motorshow in Megamall. Did you see Auto+'s entry, its 2-12" JL W7's but it was loud very loud. Compare it to Alpine's entry, all 6 or so 12" Type R subs could't match JL's output in terms of Dbs. However there is a silver lining, mas mura yung Type R's ng alpine, while those W7's will set you back around 35K and up. Amps will also set you back 30++k. You see if you want it loud prepare to spend a lot of moolah.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing

this one, i agree....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by the_noise
    I just wondered why this was the case. Kanina as suggested I tried stepping a few feet away instead, and dinig naman yung bayo.
    It has something to do with wavelength.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    tama si boss ILUVDETAILING it's not in the no.s ksi po i own a 15"L7 1pcs at may clm8 ako na naka 2 15 na dd talsik sya skin yng kanya sumasagad na skin nag paparamdam pa lng :D. E1 ko kng masyado mali ang box nya or what. The fact is mas maganda pa ampli nya skin skin x-plod lng na 1100watz sakanya directed na 1000rms.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and how thin/thick your car panels are hehe... you'll have a hard time hearing bass from the outside with a Benz compared to a City hehe.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yeah pansin ko rin dati sa setup ng bimmer ko, di syado rinig sa labas while sa mga katropa na naka civic n city lakas ng bass kahit closed ang trunk n doors

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
bass stays inside