New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Where to buy this back-up batteries? yung hindi branded like stinger, power master, etc. etc..

yung mga generic lang sana. nakakita ko ng Haze ang brand gamit yata sa mga telecompanies, nasa 90Ah+ ang rating pataas. Mahal kasi yung mga branded talaga. Kahit yung 2nd hand sana ok nadin basta mataas ang amps nya at valve regulated sealed lead acid battery ang tawag yata dun. meron ako nakikita sa net, kaso ang baba ng rating nya.

any inputs is very appreciated!

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhonda11 View Post
    Where to buy this back-up batteries? yung hindi branded like stinger, power master, etc. etc..

yung mga generic lang sana. nakakita ko ng Haze ang brand gamit yata sa mga telecompanies, nasa 90Ah+ ang rating pataas. Mahal kasi yung mga branded talaga. Kahit yung 2nd hand sana ok nadin basta mataas ang amps nya at valve regulated sealed lead acid battery ang tawag yata dun. meron ako nakikita sa net, kaso ang baba ng rating nya.

any inputs is very appreciated!
    Why do you need a back-up battery?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    because of, lack of power. and my primary battery is 1snf only. my set-up is more than 2000 watts. I auditioned some set-ups that they have a back-up and no problem with the power. FYI 70amps alternator only ang gamit nila.

pag nag sounds ako sa gabi, nag deam ang light. alam kong need ko rin mag palit ng alt, pero unahin ko na rin yung battery kasi naka audition nga ako ng 70 amps alt which is same as mine. kaya battery muna ako.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    because of, lack of power. and my primary battery is 1snf only. my set-up is more than 2000 watts. I auditioned some set-ups that they have a back-up and no problem with the power. FYI 70amps alternator only ang gamit nila.

pag nag sounds ako sa gabi, nag deam ang light. alam kong need ko rin mag palit ng alt, pero unahin ko na rin yung battery kasi naka audition nga ako ng 70 amps alt which is same as mine. kaya battery muna ako.
    Correct! You need to replaced your alternator. Some cars are designed for additional current loads with a reserve capacity that is well suited to supplying power for a sound system. Now, if you want more power than your alternator can service, you will have to look at having your alternator rebuilt for higher output or a high output aftermarket alternator.

Let's get honest here cause I myself a Car Audio nut and installing my own system and Im not trying to contradict your option, but installing a second battery won't help. The only reason to do that is to play your stereo for long periods of time with the volume levels are kept reasonable (one-third volume) with the engine off.

So, if your system needs more than the alternator can supply, it can grab your current from the battery- up to a point and its happenning to you now (dimming). Replaced the alt. and your on your way to nirvana. Do it the first time is save's you a lot of money.

5. Join Date
    May 2007

Try po ninyo XS Battery or Stinger Battery! Ok po pareho ang brand for sound set-ups.

I used the XS Battery for my set-up. Also changed na rin the car battery with the same brand.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    palit alt muna o dagdag battery mga boss?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    1st thing you should do is ADD a support battery since you have lots of wattage on your system because replacing your stock alternator will just shorten the charging time of your current battery but the stock charge will just be the same thus needing for you the add 1st a support battery.

let me just share mine.. i have 3 batteries installed in my ride (yes 3 pieces) 1 3sm and 2pcs 2sm.. my alternator is 110 amperes i have more a 3 amplifier system 1 mono (2000 watts) and 2 amps for my seps and raw drivers.

no voltage drop or what so ever.

if theres a motolite dealer near you try to ask them if they have a gel type battery available.. if not get a motolite excel 3sm put it on the trunk BUT make sure that you make a battery case for it to avoid spills etc.. put a silicone gasket around the battery case you will be doing and put some braces as well.

Good Luck!