New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    This is how the back of your 1.5G Head Unit looks like at the back (Mouse's Eyeview)

...and this is how the LINE-IN looks like when you want to connect your RCA Jack at the back of the HU.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    STEP 1 - Remove the Glove Compartment Unit by sliding it up-right.

STEP 2 - Plug the RCA Jack (YELLOW CABLE) at the SUB-OUT connector by reaching it with your right arm.

STEP 3 - Now connect the RCA Jack (Red and White) for the LINE-IN Connector.

STEP 4 - Run it under the center console to hide the cable...of course by removing your center console box

...and you're finished, you are now ready to connect any input (MP3) and output (SUBs) to your head unit.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Preparing the 12V TAP

STEP 1 -
    Prepare your things (materials)

STEP 2 - Solder the Circular Eyelet (Round Terminal Lug) on both ends of your 12V power line cables (RED and BROWN)

STEP 3 - Heat the shrinkable tube with a hair dryer to cover and secure the solder points on your terminal lug (this will prevent wear and tear)

STEP 4 - This is how your 12V TAP will look like after your preparation, now your ready to hook it up.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Installing the 12V TAP

STEP 1 - Install a guy wire on end of the 12V cables (RED and BROWN) and temporary secure it with electrical tape.

STEP 2 - Our AVANZA already provided an extra poke-in hole for additional power requirement in case we need to tap directly from the battery terminal, all you need is a cutter to cut the rubber opening where we can install the cable. Slowly insert the guy wire into the provided rubber opening (WHITE RUBBER CAP) and slowly slip tour 12V cables inside going to your dashboard.

STEP 3 - Tap the 12V cables into the battery terminal lug, RED wire --> (+)RED and BROWN wire --> (-)GND, then secure the 12V TAP by using a cable tie and attached it together with the existing wiring harness

STEP 4 - Run your 12V TAP cables through your dashboard and install the in-line fuse (BLUE casing) in the 12V line for added electrical protection,

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    STEP 5 - Tap and splice an extension cable to the POWER CONTROL cable (BLUE and WHITE wire) of the Head Unit for your subwoofer's power control.

STEP 6 -then run all the cables again beneath your center console and arrange the wires not to touch any mechanical parts to avoid physical damage on the wires.

...and now you're set and ready to install your subwoofer.

STEP 7 - Install your subwoofer, in this case the V12 10" sub will just fit exactly at the back of your avanza. ENJOY!

LOOKS PRETTY SIMPLE, ISN'T IT?

If I can do it, Yes you can also do it by yourselves!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    nice work.....

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hi Islaw,

Nice job! Parang ang simple lang. :D Enjoy.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Very nice DIY Sir, with step by step procedure, very clear and neatly done

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mge View Post
    nice work.....
    tamang tama mge, diba may isesetup ka rin na avanza?

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Very nice indeed.

I was looking all the picture of your wiring set up and it was pretty good and clean but I have to correct some of your wiring procedure only if you may. I myself was a can install car stereo from basic to advance for private only.

1. Power cable fuse- I believe you put under the ashtray. Your In line fuse must be near to the battery is a must approximately 16 inches. Yours I believe thats more 3ft. from the batt.

2. Power cable- You must isolate that cable (RED) away from other wiring it can radiated others as a result of noise from the electrical system. The best spot to run that cable is beneath the door sills all the way to trunk.

3. Why are you running ground wire from the engine bay connected to the battery? If you are using an Amp...cut a piece of that ground wire approximately 3 to 4 ft. connect into your Amp.ground terminal and connect the other end in the chassis. Always use a ring terminal or spade for better contact.

Overall.....YOU ARE GOOD!
    If you have any question fell free to ask...
    Last edited by v6dreamer; June 4th, 2008 at 11:42 AM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
AVANZA 1.5G DIY (Subwoofer+ 12V TAP + Line-in TAP + Sub-out TAP)