New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Not to be confused with head units with Android Auto

This thread is for head units that run on Android (e.g. Growl & Navitopia, etc)

Planning to replace my car's AVT head unit.

Presently thinking if I should get a branded head unit with Android Auto and Apply CarPlay capabilities.

Or do I buy an Android Head Unit with CarPlay

Sent a message to Navitopia and Growl for their current offerings and their TOTL models support CarPlay.

Have anyone used CarPlay on a Navitopia or Growl head units? stable ba? no connection issues after long drives?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Not to be confused with head units with Android Auto

This thread is for head units that run on Android (e.g. Growl & Navitopia, etc)

Planning to replace my car's AVT head unit.

Presently thinking if I should get a branded head unit with Android Auto and Apply CarPlay capabilities.

Or do I buy an Android Head Unit with CarPlay

Sent a message to Navitopia and Growl for their current offerings and their TOTL models support CarPlay.

Have anyone used CarPlay on a Navitopia or Growl head units? stable ba? no connection issues after long drives?
    check mo bro yung Astral android HU. plug and play lang at hindi kamahalanAndroid Head Unit

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    check mo bro yung Astral android HU. plug and play lang at hindi kamahalanAndroid Head Unit

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    looks like wala syang CarPlay

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Went to Navitopia and Growl

funny observations.
    they're not sure if the head unit will run Android 10 or 11, also can't confirm if my car will get a 9 or 10inch head unit

both offers free home installation.
    Navitopia is around 2K more expensive, but it comes with a free dash cam

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Went to Navitopia and Growl

funny observations.
    they're not sure if the head unit will run Android 10 or 11, also can't confirm if my car will get a 9 or 10inch head unit

both offers free home installation.
    Navitopia is around 2K more expensive, but it comes with a free dash cam
    Careful with navitopia. Been there, done that. The unit i got showed significant lag over time although admittedly i only opted for one of the entry level units. I really just needed a large screen for Waze and the stock stereo before didn't have Android auto so i still relied on my phone. Anyway, what i got was the Android 10, 2gb ram, 16gb rom as advertised. Upon installing CPU-z, it only shows 1gb ram but it does say Android 10.1. I don't know if this holds true to their totl units.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Sabi din nang mga friends ko, mabagal yang Navitopia, ewan ko lang kung nag improve na don sa latest model nila..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013

may typo error pala thread title ko kaya di ko masearch ng maayos...

screenshot-2022-04-19-100213.jpg

Android Head Unit dapat

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    Sabi din nang mga friends ko, mabagal yang Navitopia, ewan ko lang kung nag improve na don sa latest model nila..
    hmmm. nakaka-inis na may available silang 3 models (4 sa Navitopia) tapos iisa ang naka display, yung 6GB RAM na 128 storage. obviously maayos/mabilis UI nya.

I plan to get the 4/64 version and the sellers told me na "pareho lang sila ng speed"

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Why don't you look at Joying instead of that, sir? You can get from their official store in AliExpress then have it shipped to a freight forwarder so it'll be more secure than direct shipping using our post office. There are better reviews of that brand and they don't mask the figures of their specs.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
    Why don't you look at Joying instead of that, sir? You can get from their official store in AliExpress then have it shipped to a freight forwarder so it'll be more secure than direct shipping using our post office. There are better reviews of that brand and they don't mask the figures of their specs.

wanted something with local support.

was almost decided to get the Navitopia one since may branch sila malapit sa favorite car wash shop ko. but my wife hated na may "Navitopia" name yung harap ng head unit.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Android Head Unit