New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    May topic na didto regarding sa growl but not android based platform. How about it? Is it of good quality? How about the sound quality, same din ba sa windows based?
    Puro smiling face lang kase yun mga pic sa FB page nila. [emoji23]
    Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    IMO the quality is as you'd get it from a generic Chinese supplier. Price is a different story (mga 10-15K din difference). Mga KGL and Klyde units 'to na ni-rebrand to Growl audio. The only relief you get from the price difference is less yung hassle when it comes to warranty claim. Pag sa Growl kasi, sa Growl mo lang din need dalhin, pag online aka straight from KGL / Klyde via Ali****.com, sayo yung risks if dumating ng defective and sayo din yung expense if kailangan mo ibalik sa kanila (not to mention yung risks na mawala yung pinadala mo pabalik na defective unit, which happened to me - so make sure you video everything ).

On the bright side, madali lang naman ma-mitigate ang risks for ordering online. First things first: do not confirm your order as delivered until ma-test mo na 100% yung unit and you've given it at least 7 days installed and running. 100% money-back naman pag defective dumating or ayaw palitan ng seller - yun lang, antay talaga ulit until ibalik.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    I bought an Android unit which you could get from Growl from Aliexpress. It's way much cheaper.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Whats the best shipper to use for Aliexpress? I also want to buy an android unit for my car and i have never used aliexpress before. I dont want the item to get stuck in customs. Any tips please ?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    In my experience DHL is better. Their only additional charge on top of customs fee (due to BOC but collected by the carrier) is the so called "advanced payment fee" of around Php250. That's the fee for their advancing payment of customs duties.

FEDEX sucks. Apart from customs duties (due to BOC but collected by carrier), they charge for storage fee of almost Php1,000. I complained about this but their reply is that it's a BOC-sanctioned imposition.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    How about warranty claims in aliexpress?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Thx. So i can go ahead and order? Dhl will just bill me customs dues!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    I've bought around 12 electronic items from Aliexpress in a span of 12 months. I have not had any warranty issues. So I can't tell how Aliexpress/seller will treat a warranty claim. I guess I've just been lucky this far.

Some sellers will agree to your request to put a valuation of, say, 30% only of the selling price for BOC purposes.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Thanks machine pistol. Gonna try it out today. Gonna buy a new headunit for my lc200

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Just placed the order on aliexpress. Will update you how it goes.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast