New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Looking good. Cant wait for that update.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013

4. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Purchased AAWireless - which allows your wired headunit to connect wirelessly to Android Auto

AAWireless | Indiegogo

aawireless-sm-2.jpg

The unit is tiny and seems well made. To set up, simply download the companion app from the google playstore and follow the instructions. In my case, there were no problems with setting it up and setup was done in less than 4 mins. (I initially had some doubts if it would work, as there were some reports that some Xiaomi models have issues with it)

I'm using a Xiaomi Poco F3 phone paired with a Sony XAV-AX5000 head unit.

aawireless-sm-3.jpg
    So far I've driven for a total of two hours and it works as advertised. I leave my phone in my pocket and it auto-connects and launches Android Auto on my head unit. Connection seems stable and si far I haven't experienced disconnections or interferences. Seems to work just as well as when I was using a cable (or maybe better, because before if i accidentally move the phone or the cable, AA sometimes disconnects).

The companion app offers a bunch of options in case you have connection problems, and also had a significant firmware update available (1.12 to 2.0). Since the unit was working great, I didn't change any settings on the companion app... nor did I update the firmware (yet).

There is a noticeable increase in battery drain though.

Will update if I start encountering problems with the unit.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Is it a bad idea to use a cheap android phone to be permanently connected to your car's android auto? Baka kasi maging source of fire pag ang kotse eh nababad sa init ng araw.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Is it a bad idea to use a cheap android phone to be permanently connected to your car's android auto?
    yes its a bad idea...

you will have to maintain an extra SIM for your Maps and Music.

tapos phone calls cannot be directed to your cheap Android phone when you're driving.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is it a bad idea to use a cheap android phone to be permanently connected to your car's android auto? Baka kasi maging source of fire pag ang kotse eh nababad sa init ng araw.
    yung walang tanggalan ba? na iiwan mo sa car na naka park? parang any phone naman yata hindi maganda mababad sa init ng araw kasi may battery and other components.

saka pansin ko din kung naka connect either wireless or wired AA, medyo umiinit ang phone, parang nag g-games ka din.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    yes,
    bad idea, i think.
    i do not think the designer thought of making it bake-under-the-sun-proof.

and another thing,
    cellphones in full view to passers-by, cheap or expensive, are robber-magnets.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 16th, 2024 at 12:42 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    yung akin naman... hindi yung init sa loob. yung convenience.

naka Android Head Unit kasi ako and for convenience ni misis, phone nya mag activate as CarPlay kapag nasa loob sya.

When I use the car, naka hotspot na lang ako and use the built-in Waze and Spotify (so technically, may 2nd device sa loob ng car)

when someone calls, I have to get my phone and manually activate the speaker
    when I'm listening to music, uulit yung playlist ko when I use the car

tapos balos walang silbi si Siri since di lalabas sa screen yung voice commands ko.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast