New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fleas2016 View Post
    my installer had this, will it do?

regarding the main power line filters, my amp has two 40A fuses. if I have to use a filter on the power line, it must be able to handle 80A?
    That would too big for the remote line, but since you have it at hand, try it and see what it does. If it does affect the level of the noise in any way, you at least get a clue on what to do next.

Note that remote line is a low power line, usually wired inside the amp to energize a main relay with +12V signal. I am now assuming that the same 12V signal is also used somehow by the amp for other low power circuits involved in the audio chain. If you find that it needs a filter, you may want to use a smaller one for permanent fix.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Makes sense, will try it out in tomorrow's diagnosis appointment

Let me use this opportunity to thank you guys for brainstorming to solve this annoying puzzle ... let's volt in!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    OK, we tried connecting the external battery again to the amp, as was before the static noise on power up isn't there. Then we tried moving the grounds around same thing.

I don't understand the issue since once the HU starts playing, there's no noise the sounds are crisp and clear in all of my speakers including the subwoofer It's just annoying

I'm going to leave it as is since muna until I have free time again or get a new HU with a dedicated remote turn-on wire. As stated earlier in this thread, that should solve my turn-on problem. Too bad this AudioControl LC2i's Great-Turn-On feature didn't work with the stock Kia HU.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    pwede mo din gamitin yung power out ng antenna... yung antenna mo kasi amplified type yan, meron power supply coming from the HU to power up your electronic antenna... yun ang gamitin mo na remote

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    pwede mo din gamitin yung power out ng antenna... yung antenna mo kasi amplified type yan, meron power supply coming from the HU to power up your electronic antenna... yun ang gamitin mo na remote
    Hmm, sabi ng installer wala raw eh. Sure meron ako? Should I insist? My unit's the current model sportage and the sporty's antenna is just a fixed-type antenna at the back.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    yung fixed type antenna na yan amplified yan.. meron power supply yan from HU.. hindi lang marunong mag trace yan installer mo...

sa mga wirings ng HU isolate mo yung para sa 4 speakers.. then isolate mo yung main power line usually yan yung pinaka mataba na wire.. tapos isolate mo yung sa accessory power line then ground.. yung matitira dyan yun sa pang antenna power... pwede ka gumamit ng tester para ma test mo kung maglalabas ng 12v yung line na yun pag naka on ang HU... ngayon kung may steering mounted controls ka meron din 2 wires para dyan pero walang 12v out yan..

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    ah naalala ko na. parang sabi ng installer, yung powered antenna raw nag-a-activate lang pag naka-FM/AM radio so di namin magamit for the amp. try ko na lang ipacheck ulit on my next visit

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    UPDATE

I managed to get a hold of another new Polk Audio PA D5000.5 amplifier, thinking that it's an issue with the unit that I had.

Surprise surprise, the new unit behaved exactly as my existing unit And after all the trouble of troubleshooting and multiple visits to my installer, I was looking forward to having use of my subs again So I'm back to our old reliable 4-channel Fenton amp

Anyway, I should be happy since this means that my existing PA D5000.5 is truly working as it should. It just really means I need to get an aftermarket HU with a remote turn-on feature or another amplifier that is compatible with my current setup. I wasn't looking forward to changing my HU since I like the stock look but I guess I have no choice if I want to keep my all Polk Audio setup. It's really too bad the Audio Control LC2i isn't compatible with the KIA stock HU as well. Anyway, alternatively, I posted my existing PA D5000.5 in Sulit if anyone is interested

So this ends this story. Thanks guys! Also, to my installer, Mickey's Auto-Sound who has been very professional and reliable in my multiple visits to his shop and Power Trip (the local Polk Audio official distributor) for their help as well

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123