New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Have you tried attaching the remote wire to the B+ wire directly connected to the battery?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    On my Civic, the in-cabin computer is proprietarily called the MICU or Multiplex Integrated Control Unit, and it talks to the other systems like the ECM, SRS, immobilizer system, and the dashboard instrumentation using the BCAN (Body Control Area Network) and FCAN (Fast Control Area Network) protocols. One minor function the MICU does is to give the driver the ability to roll-up/down the windows for a predetermined amount of time AFTER you've turned off the ignition. During that grace period, the MICU is powered up and active. When the timer runs out OR if I opened any of the doors, that feature is cancelled and the MICU immediately goes to sleep/inactive mode.
    meron pala ganyan feature ang honda civic FD... na pag naka off na or wala na yung key sa ignition eh pwede mo pa din ma roll up or down yung windows for a pre determined time... naalala ko lang yung kia besta yung 2.7 limited edition meron din ganyan feature eh.. sayang lang yung ibang model ngayon wala na ganyan small feature pero useful yan..

BTT: gumagamit ka ba nung mga noise filter?? check mo yung HU mo kung may noise filter na nakakabit.. tanggalin mo yun

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    *oj88, by using a short jumper wire, the guy tried connecting the power directly to the remote on the amp. If this is what you meant, then yes. Unfortunately, the noise was still there

That's how we were able to deduce that the problem wasn't the remote wire. Well that and tapping directly into the fuse box to no avail.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    meron pala ganyan feature ang honda civic FD... na pag naka off na or wala na yung key sa ignition eh pwede mo pa din ma roll up or down yung windows for a pre determined time
    The Sportage has this feature din so it's a possible suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    BTT: gumagamit ka ba nung mga noise filter?? check mo yung HU mo kung may noise filter na nakakabit.. tanggalin mo yun
    As for the filter, walang noise filter sir eh. Noise is there kahit na hindi nakakabit un RCAs to the amp.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    try mo mag lagay ng mga 10 amp diode sa main power line.. and secure your ground wire.. dapat maiksi lang no more than 1 meter

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Just heard the recording. It REALLY sounds like data communications.... sort of like what a modem or fax machine sounds like. You can hear a distinct change in the complexity and tone of the hiss.

0:09 - First tone starts (computer 1)
    0:09.30 (estimated) - 2nd tone starts (computer 2) while tone 1 stops a split-second later
    0:10 - Connected. They're talking to each other
    Last edited by oj88; January 21st, 2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Added more detail

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Kung magkalapit lang yun HU at Amplifier. Try mo connect ng ground wire between the 2 units casing. In such a way that they use common ground and also connect ground wire to car body.

The best tools to solve this problem was to use oscilloscope.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try using noise filter on the remote line

http://www.aeroelectric.com/articles...se_Filters.pdf

although "alternator whine filters" are used on the main power lines, you will use the filter on the remote line, ground the filter on the amp ground ... the noise is obviously not alternator whine but similar, hence, the filter might only reduce the noise if not eliminate ... you can also try, beside installing a filter, using coaxial cable for the remote just to eliminate the possiblity that plain wire is serving as receiving antenna (from car electronics)

if noise in only reduced, you now at least know how it is getting into your amp and hopefully your tech will figure a better solution

i agree with using oscilloscope to troubleshoot this problem

good luck

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinoi View Post
    Kung magkalapit lang yun HU at Amplifier. Try mo connect ng ground wire between the 2 units casing. In such a way that they use common ground and also connect ground wire to car body.
    Applicable pa rin ba ito even if I still have the noise kahit na hindi plugged in un RCAs ko?

Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    try using noise filter on the remote line

http://www.aeroelectric.com/articles...se_Filters.pdf

although "alternator whine filters" are used on the main power lines, you will use the filter on the remote line, ground the filter on the amp ground ... the noise is obviously not alternator whine but similar, hence, the filter might only reduce the noise if not eliminate ... you can also try, beside installing a filter, using coaxial cable for the remote just to eliminate the possiblity that plain wire is serving as receiving antenna (from car electronics)

if noise in only reduced, you now at least know how it is getting into your amp and hopefully your tech will figure a better solution

i agree with using oscilloscope to troubleshoot this problem

good luck
    thanks!

my installer had this, will it do?

regarding the main power line filters, my amp has two 40A fuses. if I have to use a filter on the power line, it must be able to handle 80A?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    try mo muna yung diode... isa lang lagay mo sa main line dapat mataas rating... your amp is only 40 amps.. not 80.. 2 channel per side...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast