New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Active subs or amplified subs won't hit the lows very well. They sound more like a 'fart' because of the small enclosure. But for everyday easy listening music the bass is sufficient.

Just don't play any hip hop tracks like Drop It Low or Lollipop :D

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Active subs or amplified subs won't hit the lows very well. They sound more like a 'fart' because of the small enclosure. But for everyday easy listening music the bass is sufficient.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    thanks!
    yes i'm a certified audiophile pero not to the extent na gusto ko yumayaginding ang bass na nakaka istorbo na sa paligid ko na tipong isasali ako sa car shows.
    portable yet has a deep feeling bass at an affordable price lang habol ko. to be specific, 3k pesos and below lang sana since i won't be using it every minute of my life. and that NBN gets my choice before, until i discovered those slims... but it seems like balik nbn ako. proproblemahin ko na lang kung san ko ipupwesto sa loob na tago except sa trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Doc818 View Post
    uyy ayos yan ah? wahaha

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tsikotshop View Post
    Information lang po, speaker Output of the head unit is full range, just that limited in amplification, meaning, its rms power is definitely low because of its size, say it just 25watts rms * 4 ohms per channel. Kaya kelangan mo talaga ng amp if your separates(components) rating is above 25watts pero kaya pa rin naman. Hi pass speaker out is not power output, its a filter for the frequency cut off.
    Thanks, I totally agree. That's why I ran 5inchers on the doors and set the lo pass on my sub a bit high to compensate for the small midranges on my previous system. Problem is I sold my amps and sub and am now left with separates and coaxials on the doors. If only there's an HU out there that has hi/lo pass options for the speaker leads. hehe. Building passive networks for the leads would work, that is if I knew how.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    meron ganyan. focal has one of those active subs that you can also power speakers with.... but since focal.. mahal.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Actually, alot of companies have active slim subwoofers. But their price range is relatively high so you might want to rethink again if you need the space. For example, Cadence' slim subwoofer costs 9,000php. At that price, you're paying alot of money just for a bit of vehicle shakin' bass.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Active subwoofer with amped speaker terminals