New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    My 2014 Eve is all stock sound system pero the bass & treble ramdam lang pag nilakasan ang volume. I was wondering which one is to replace, the HU or speakers so as the improve the sound quality at normal listening volume. The easiest to replace are the speakers but will that be the solution?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'd say both.

on my starex before i replaced the stock speakers with 3-way pioneer and the sound was way better. lumakas both bass and treble (may kalansing na dati wala) pero limitted din ang improvement as compared to when i used the same model of speakers on my sorento with a growl hu and the sound is better than on the starex. so just imagine a better hu (better than growl) with seps instead of 3-way speakers.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I agree changing both will always be the best solution. So the economical way will be just the speakers with 3 way (i guess) would you agree? Mind you the car has also stock separates already. I just want to sound it like my gen 2 crv na busog sa bass & treble even sa low volume. Besides, i'm more of a radio listener so i don't need to fancy set-up. What do you think?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Have you tried adjusting the treble and bass level on the Head Unit? If you're not yet satisfied after doing so, then I guess it's time to change the speakers first.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Yup, done those things on the HU. I was wondering if a 3 or 2 way speakers to pick?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    Yup, done those things on the HU. I was wondering if a 3 or 2 way speakers to pick?
    First decide if you want a component type or coaxial type set of speakers. If your stock speakers are two-way type components then it is advisable to replace them with the same type (2way components). By the way I am referring to your Front speakers.
    As for the rear better to get 3way coaxial type speakers.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by markygy View Post
    First decide if you want a component type or coaxial type set of speakers. If your stock speakers are two-way type components then it is advisable to replace them with the same type (2way components). By the way I am referring to your Front speakers.
    As for the rear better to get 3way coaxial type speakers.
    Sir, can you educate me as to why would it still be 2 way (assume 2 way stock) in front and 3 way at the back. When i was at Banawe the other day inquiring, the recommendation ng shop is 3 way front and either stock or 2 way at the back.

If in case the front stock is just the ordinary speaker not 2 way, what will be the best option?