New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Good day to all!

need ko lang po ng help from you guys, since wala ako makitang thread about this kaya nag post na po ako, I'm currently in a project, its a '86 Benz 190E all manual, heres the catch:

-speaker front are at the dashboard and size 4" lang ata ang kasya sa kanya
    -walang lagayan ng speakers sa mga door (deciding pa kng lalagyan at sacrifice ko yung sides ng pinto)
    -may lagayan ng speaker sa 2nd row pero sa may ilalim ng salamin (any speker will fit)
    -close ang likod sandalan ng 2nd row, you cannot access the trunk door thats why impossible sa subs sa likod

hope you guys can help me.

thanks in advance!
    Modify message

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Most old school Merc's simply modified their door sidings to accommodate speakers.

When I was designing for a friend's Merc (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater). I limited the "box" to around 1 cf sealed and it was a pain combing through files of midbass drivers that's available locally that is suitable for the box. I believe I settled on Dominations D8s (8" midbass) on the doors while the midrange and highs were handled by the Dominations F50 (2" widebander).

Okay, kung di mo ma-gets what I'm typing, it's cool. Just go to your installer and ask what your options are. However, you have quite a problem because you're pretty limited sa midbass ddrivers mo. You can't simply buy any run of the mill 5,000php speaker tpos salpakin mo lang siya sa DIY "box" because most midbass nowadays are designed for door applications/IB (salpak lang sila usually). So if you put speakers meant for doors in a box, you get two things: (1) it won't go as low and (2) it'll have a peaky response somewhere.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Most old school Merc's simply modified their door sidings to accommodate speakers.

When I was designing for a friend's Merc (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater). I limited the "box" to around 1 cf sealed and it was a pain combing through files of midbass drivers that's available locally that is suitable for the box. I believe I settled on Dominations D8s (8" midbass) on the doors while the midrange and highs were handled by the Dominations F50 (2" widebander).

Okay, kung di mo ma-gets what I'm typing, it's cool. Just go to your installer and ask what your options are. However, you have quite a problem because you're pretty limited sa midbass ddrivers mo. You can't simply buy any run of the mill 5,000php speaker tpos salpakin mo lang siya sa DIY "box" because most midbass nowadays are designed for door applications/IB (salpak lang sila usually). So if you put speakers meant for doors in a box, you get two things: (1) it won't go as low and (2) it'll have a peaky response somewhere.
    thanks for the reply jhnkvn. these dominations speakers how much sila nag cost? ok ba sila tumunog? i am planning to make it SQ kasi, since na hindi nmn pde mag sub. any suggestions kung san maganda mag pagawa? (not being bias pero need ko lang ng mapag kakatiwalaan na shop)

thanks sir!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyg View Post
    thanks for the reply jhnkvn. these dominations speakers how much sila nag cost? ok ba sila tumunog? i am planning to make it SQ kasi, since na hindi nmn pde mag sub. any suggestions kung san maganda mag pagawa? (not being bias pero need ko lang ng mapag kakatiwalaan na shop)

thanks sir!
    Where's your location? I'll prescribe shops which, hopefully, is near to you.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Where's your location? I'll prescribe shops which, hopefully, is near to you.
    san andres bukid manila sir, actually i know a lot of accesories shop here but as i've said i need na mapag kakatiwalaan po sir. thanks for the reply sir

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyg View Post
    san andres bukid manila sir, actually i know a lot of accesories shop here but as i've said i need na mapag kakatiwalaan po sir. thanks for the reply sir
    Nearest would be Autoline. They have two locations, one in Makati and the other near Malate Makati. I'm not that sure which of the two specializes in car audio and which specializes in performance parts so it's best to Google them and give them a call before you visit.