New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    glad to be of help.
    just an added note..... stock HUs are meant to be stock HUs with limited capability..... pinaganda lang itsura nyan compared to the usual 1DIN units na nakasanayan natin before.
    Correct. You would need to buy a high end, premium car to get a more than stock HU.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    *double post*
    Last edited by red_one; October 26th, 2015 at 06:12 PM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Hello. the stock head unit of toyota vios 2015 is mirrorlink ready meaning you can use the head unit as a display from your smartphone. You can also use the display to navigate your smartphone. I hope this helps.

Cheers

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ccan View Post
    Okay thank you. perhaps calls lang talaga pwede maintegrate dun. thank you for explaining further :-)
    The BT is purely useful for audio streaming

USB is for reading music files or power supply

HDMi is for any hdmi device like a digital tuner or mirroring (streaming screen image via wifi) device. a google chrome or miracast device, get the device that is compatible to your smartphone. Attach it to the hdmi port of your headunit. Configure your wifi hotspot and make the proper settings to connect the smartphone and the mirroring accessory into the hotspot and youre good to go. Theres no need to buy a high end head unit

If the stock unit has an ip configuration already then theres no need to get a mirroring accessory

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kisshmet; April 13th, 2017 at 11:08 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    The BT is purely useful for audio streaming

USB is for reading music files or power supply

HDMi is for any hdmi device like a digital tuner or mirroring (streaming screen image via wifi) device. a google chrome or miracast device, get the device that is compatible to your smartphone. Attach it to the hdmi port of your headunit. Configure your wifi hotspot and make the proper settings to connect the smartphone and the mirroring accessory into the hotspot and youre good to go. Theres no need to buy a high end head unit

If the stock unit has an ip configuration already then theres no need to get a mirroring accessory

Anyone whos has tried the wirless mirroring route via miracast if it really works?

AnyCast Miracast 18P Wifi HDMI Display Dongle Receiver DLNA TV
    Airplay | Lazada PH

Im tempted to buy this, im just not sure if its going to work with the vios HU with hdmi

6. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    mga sirs, bago lang din po ako dito. Hindi pa pwede gumawa ng new post.

nakakuha ako ng 2nd hand vios E, 2nd gen. Gusto ko sana palitan ang stock na stereo. CD player lang ang meron, ni hindi masaksakan ng AUX in.

any advice? hindi naman ako pilian, tipid din sa budget, basta matibay lang at kung pwede meron kahit usb or aux in man lang.

salamat

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceotb View Post
    Anyone whos has tried the wirless mirroring route via miracast if it really works?

AnyCast Miracast 18P Wifi HDMI Display Dongle Receiver DLNA TV
    Airplay | Lazada PH

Im tempted to buy this, im just not sure if its going to work with the vios HU with hdmi
    First and foremost the device you intend to mirror like a tablet or a smart phone must be compatible with the miracast device

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tabletz19 View Post

nakakuha ako ng 2nd hand vios E, 2nd gen. Gusto ko sana palitan ang stock na stereo. CD player lang ang meron, ni hindi masaksakan ng AUX in.

any advice? hindi naman ako pilian, tipid din sa budget, basta matibay lang at kung pwede meron kahit usb or aux in man lang.

salamat
    I believe may AUX-in capability yan using a proprietary cable, mas mura ito than changing the whole head unit

Meron sa Team-BHP and this is for a Fortuner though pero I would assume similar lang sila:

DIY - How to Remove stock stereo of Toyota Fortuner & Install iPod/Aux functionality

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tabletz19 View Post

salamat
    No need to change head unit. Pwede usb cable, pwede rin fm tuner. Para pwede ka makapag play from your phone

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2015 Toyota Vios Touchscreen headunit