New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have a spare 2.1 Altec Lansing speakers na ginamit ko sa PC, but now I have another set of 5.1 PC speakers, so hindi ko na nagamit ang altec lansing speakers ko. My question is pwede ba ma install ang ganitong speakers sa auto ko (my ride is an Innova G, at vvti). THanks in advance for replies....

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Just tap it into the wire speakers and your on your way. Just make to secure that speaker's so it wont fly and knock you in th head.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Just tap it into the wire speakers and your on your way. Just make to secure that speaker's so it wont fly and knock you in th head.
    If pwede, how will I go about it?

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    If pwede, how will I go about it?
    Are you going to use the subwoofer or just the two speaker's?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Are you going to use the subwoofer or just the two speaker's?
    everything kung pwede. by the way according to the manual, it says the speakers are at 4 ohms, so parang compatible sa car audio set-up. I like the sound quality and the power of my 2.1 altec lansing, which sounds good even in open places, so how much more if inside the car...

Has anyone actually tried this...or theory lang....

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    well pwede naman talaga kung sa pwede kaya lang baka magsisi ka rin after kasi normally sa front doors and dash bagay ang separates. Saan mo ba balak ilagay yung mid-hi ng 2.1 altec mo? sa sub, no question syempre sa likod. parang masagwa kung basta lang isisiksik kung saan saan baka ma sacrifice interior ng innova mo.

IMO get a decent set of separates kahit sa huli na yung sub. but kung gusto mo talaga, dalhin mo sa car audio shop and sigurado kaya nila install yan.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Isn't this 220 volts? A car battery is only 12.8 to 14.4 volts. If it is 220V, you will need an inverter.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Yup. You would need an inverter. Kaso the plastics of the Altec Lansing may warp when subjected to prolonged car interior heat when your car is parked under the sun.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    You didn't mention the model of your Altec Lancing 2.1.

Anyway, majority of them only employ tiny drivers (4-6" subs and 3" satellites). They're good when you're parked with a relatively quiet environment. But when the vehicle starts to move with all the road noise associated with it, those speakers will probably be useless.

A pair of 6-6.5" separates costing between P2.5k to P6k would sound louder, even with your stock radio.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    usualy, these 220v has transformers inside converting it to DC. usualy 12Volts or 24 volts. but you have to open the box and see for yourself if you could tap in the power supply. but some has the DC tranformer outside the box which is more easier.

2.1 Altec Lansing for auto audio, pwede?