New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaed View Post
    it is assembled here in the philippines by columbian motors it has a local content and it is built along side with the kia pride and mazda's 323...
    pero konti lang nmn local content nila diba? afaik tires, rims, batteries and a few minor items lang kasi SKD units dumadating dito yan eh. yung first 100 batch nga ng 316i CBU pa eh.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    SKD units are units without tires and battery. The wheels are also locally supplied. I'm just not sure what plant the 316i was pre-assembled in before being shipped SKD.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    They call it the Compact. Compact variants were the only E36 316's that came with a bigger engine (1.9li)

---

Wala bang naliligaw sa Pilipinas na E36 318i? Halos pareho mpg sa 316, yung 2dr halos pareho ng power sa 320i.
    I still see several 318is coupes in makati. they are all imported or grey market units. mas maganda ang coupe na E36. sporty and elegant.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    yup, in the end for a non-power hunger drivers. Ok na din ang 316i.

for starters, it's a BMW. BMW badge adds 100 pogi points na agad. it's an automatic 100% on the respeto-o-meter...

Manual Tranny. although still wont perform as good as lighter Japs...still, it would give a decent fight with M/T.

Basic. simple. less electronics, less gadgets...lesser chances for something to break down that would lead to high peso maintenance & repairs.

316i is still a 3series. shares sheetmetal with E36 318i, 320i, 325i even the limitedly produced E36 M3 sedan. put on some bodykits and remove the badge or if you dare you can even stuck some "M3" badges there and people wont notice.
    -suspension, insulation, body rigidity are also all shared with its more expensive brothers. it's only the power that you are really short of.

and let's face it, a 10year old BMW 316i in pristine cond with good accessories (leather, CD, 17" wheels, bodykits HID etc) can still make you think twice upon getting a brand new Sub-Compact...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaed View Post
    it is assembled here in the philippines by columbian motors it has a local content and it is built along side with the kia pride and mazda's 323...

it is not assembled here in the philippines and they are correct that the only local parts of the e36 are its tires batteries etc etc .....plus the only reason na bagsak ang presyo ng 316i coz its an old car, almost 10yrs old its manual and kumbaga it is the lowest variant of the e36 model ... the e46 316i is selling for just around 700k

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    if 316i ang usapan, then it should at least be an E46

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    yeah e46 pre-facelift ang pinaka astig na 3 series IMO.... sabi nga nila... pinnacle of BMW's design in terms of giving standard identity to what a 3 or a 5 or a 7 series should look like... Bangle's design though may look flashy but in essence destroyed that principle... Audi na lang ang mejo strict sa kanilang design & identity...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    i hope i don't offend anyone.. me napapansin lang kasi ako.

based sa mga replies and other threads, parang masyado ang pagmamaliit sa E36 na 316i? dahil ba entry-level model lang to? parang napaka-snobbish naman ata. yes, it only has 108 bhp, but as pointed out, not everything is about power. syempre gusto mo rin minsan yun comfort and of course, the "prestige" of owning a BMW. parang alaskado ka pa pag naka 316 ka dito, e sa US nga 318 kawawa din e. for me, ang kagandahan kasi sa 316 is, manual sya. i dont like A/Ts. meron din ata 318s na manual pero bihira ang 318s dito e. the fuel economy of the 316i is also an advantage. the 320s are A/Ts for sure and will not be as fuel-efficient as the 316.

tska bakit pag 316, ok lang pag E46? pano if you prefer the more "masculine" body and lines of the E36? mejo rounded na kasi yun E46 so for me, it's not as imposing. ang ganda pa rin of course, pero the bigger body of the E36 just appeals to me better.

so, is there an anti-316 feeling around here? or is it just me?

** someone mumbles: "it's just you" ****

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think both sides (those who like the 316i and those who don't) have been presented on this thread.

I guess no one car can please everyone.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    basta ako ok na ako e36?

hindi ba high maintenance to?
    fuel consumption?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Wondering about BMW316i