New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Hi sirs magtatanong lang ako. Which would be a better buy?

2000-2002 W210 or 2001-2003 E39? Assuming both local purchased, complete casa records, less than 40,000km, and same price range (under 1m)?

1) Cheaper to maintain?

2) Nice, comfortable interior yet fun to drive?

3) Estimated city FC? Kaya ba 8-10 km/liter?

4) Assuming I will use it upto 100,000km? Which will have less problems down the road?

5) Bigger doors, better with ingress & egress?

Thank you for your comments

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    personally, i like the E39 more than the w210. it is easier to dress up and i am sure the parts for the bmw e39 will be easier and cheaper to find, also more accessories(taiwan angel eyes), red, clear tail lights, body kits, too many to mention. im too bias.

you just have to pay attention to the cup holders in the back seat, they mis allign pretty easily.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    simple lang sagot sa tanong mo bro.just weight in yung dalawa. 210 is more elegant and super smooth ang ride specially long drive.mas mahal nga lang maintenance and more of a electrical problem. e39 is more sporty and masarap talaga bihisan. of course mas madali ang parts and may makunan na ng surplus. down side naman is overheating problem, specially pag di mo sinunod ang maitenance period nya. anyway any of the two brand you may choose iba pa rin ang naka european sa kalsada. ginagalang if i may say, he-he.by the way i can both fix those cars kung kumuha ka na and if you will have a problem. one more thing, if you go for 210 pare i suggest e230 lang. kasi yung 240,s up mas kumplikado pag nagsira.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    - i'd go with the e39. i actually find the ride of the w210 a bit stiff, plus the bimmer has more oomph. the merc has more space inside though.

W210 or E39?